The WINGStand

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Acerone, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Acerone macrumors regular

Acerone

If you already own the Apple Wireless Keyboard this is all you really need. For $20 I believe is the price it will go for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WINGStand

2. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

Impressive. Very clever, elegant design. There is at least one other stand on the market that integrates the iPad with the Apple Wireless Keyboard. (I use the Incase Origami Workstation.) And there are other stands that provide the same functionality, some with more options in terms of the angle at which the iPad is positioned. But multi-position stands typically sell for considerably more.

Nevertheless, the WingStand's size is a plus. Makes for easy inclusion in almost any bag or pocket. So is the fact that it's obviously designed to be integrated with the AWK.

Not a big fan of the white version. In polycarbonate I think it looks a bit cheap. In black I think it's less obvious and better looking.

I do think it may be somewhat overpriced at $20. (There's a reason that 90% of the items sold on TV infomercials are priced at $19.95.) And some of its most direct competition (e.g. the Kickstand Stand) sells for less than $13 on Amazon. Of course, the inventor is trying to get production funded so the retail price may be adjusted downward somewhat once development costs are covered.

All in all, a good find. And if you're willing to kick in $30 for the stand, you can get an Apple Wireless Keyboard included at its full retail price. ($70+$30 = $100.) And at the $30 level, you can get the "exclusive" black version.

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley