The Witcher Enhanced.

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by JackAxe, Nov 23, 2008.

1. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Has anyone else played or been playing this game?

I bought this game the other week and finally had enough time to install and play it tonight. I probably haven't played it enough to be a judge, but if not for a project do in the morning, I would have not stopped playing it.

The story so far is intriguing and the battle system has quite a bit to build on from what I've gathered. The NPCs also don't seem like complete drones, like another game I've been playing...Fallout 3

I didn't read the manual -- yes I'm a tard, so stumbled around a bit, but the in game tutorials and trial and error helped me to understand the basics.

Anyways, for $36 this game is great so far.

2. JollyRogers macrumors regular

My son got it while I was out on business trip & playing it on his windoze box. I managed to sneak it from him and am thinking of installing it on my MP. I was hoping to ciderize it to prevent reboots... but that doesn't look to promising.

3. JackAxe thread starter macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The minimum specs are a sluggish P4 2.4 with a dated 6600, so it's worth a try, but there's a huge difference in quality between the low and high settings, so I'd run it in Bootcamp.

I'm running it on my Windoze box with XP64 on max. I keep PCs around for gaming and "cheap" rendering nodes. :)

The music in this game is very fitting and it's something I'm taking a liking to.