The wonders of Macbooks (gaming?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nox, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Nox macrumors newbie

Hello fellow PC users. I am here to ask one basic question. From what i see, if i buy a Macbook configurated to the max, it can perform well for games. But for a bit more i can get the Macbook pro, the Macs of all Macs.

Also, i've asked this to many of my computer engeneer friends:Why is a Macbook pro twice the price of a HP or Dell or any laptop with the same hardware. Most of the answer they gave me is that Apple makes their own hardware (which i already knew). But is there any other arguement for the overpricing of the Macs? Or is it just some fashion fad everyone likes to follow like the Ipod/Ipod Touch.

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

??

I would use the word well here. I'm sure it can run games but far from running them well.

cheers

3. ipponrg macrumors member

Define "performing well on games"? Based on preliminary benchmarks, it performs adequately on games that are not graphically intensive but subpar on the other games.

You also pay for the brand recognition.

4. Nox thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha apologies. I just though it can at least run something wellThat's from what i heared.

5. Nox thread starter macrumors newbie

Well things like Blizzard games. IE: Star Craft 2, Diablo III and World Of Warcraft. :cool:

6. ipponrg macrumors member

Read this thread that appears in the first page:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=581985

IMO, the Macbook will handle WoW with ease at medium settings and optimal resolution. It will choke on D3 and SC2.