The World's Thinnest iPhone 4 Case - 0.5mm by CaZe

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brandonhodge, Aug 3, 2010.

1. brandonhodge macrumors newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlsYbz0PcPY

I ordered a case I saw on the interent and it finally arrived. The worlds thinnest iphone 4 case made by CaZe in Hong Kong, China came after just 5 days of waiting. For 19.99 I received the incredibly slim case, 2 microfiber cloths and 2 front screen protectors.

The case is super thin so im not sure how it will do against drops and falls and doesnt seem to be so powerful against scratches as a few already appeared in the light. I still recommend this case as it looks amazing and it is hardly noticeable. It feels great in the hands and the 2 microfibers that come with it in addition to the screen protectors make it worth the 20 bucks in my opinion. Let me know what you think.

2. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

3. iCandii macrumors member

wow, looks lgood its like having those films on it, but a bit stronger. i like plastic cases but they are usually too bulky :( good luck with yours

4. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

thicker cases don't interest me and this case also allows me to see the back of my phone

5. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

6. whlee84 macrumors newbie

I ordered the same case 2 days ago so I hope to get it soon.

Does it have "lay on the table" design? meaning does the case come up a tiny bit on the sides past the screen?

Does it affect the flash at all?

7. whlee84 macrumors newbie

if you want solid PROTECTION, this case is not for you. it will provide SOME protection (definitely much more than the wrapsol ultra drop protection films) and it allows you to have an iphone as naked as possible with some protection in case you drop it.

8. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

It doesn't affect the flash at all and it doesn't have the lay on the table effect. The phone is as practically as flat as it was without the case.

And yes it won't do too much protection against drops but you can definitely argue the same about apples bumper. For 10 bucks less and the things the case included it's not a terrible investment at all

9. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Looks cool. I've been looking for a super low profile case, but I'm wondering what the material is like on that. I currently have the belkin vue, which is pretty thin already on it's own (also have the snap case coming from the free case program -- which is supposed to ship end of august =/)and I like it because it's 1) clear so you can still see that beautiful piece of engineering and 2) it's made of a material that's harder than most gel cases but softer than straight up polycarbonate -- basically it can absorb a little of the shock if I ever drop it.

Might consider this case if it gets good reviews. Any other feedback?

10. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the exact reason I purchased the case. It also comes in smoke but as you can tell I went with clear. I also have the snap case coming from the free case program but I would recommend this. If you're like me and prefer a rather small case that still exposes the back then this is a good purchase. I can't see why you would even consider the case for protection because it is in fact so thin, so anyone bashing it for not being able to protect the phone is ignorant because this is not what the case was meant to do. Much more luxury and stylish than anything.

11. tokiidokii macrumors regular

too bad it doesn't come in solid colors. from experience, scratches are just a lot more prominent on clear cases than solid colored ones and are finger print magnets too (probably because of the material).

still, very nice case for those who are very careful and want to keep the aesthetic of the phone.

12. rperalta macrumors 6502

Thanks for the review. The case looks very thin...I wonder what the smoke looks like.

13. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

There's also an eBay seller selling these. Unfortunately it also ships from Hong Kong. I was looking for a US seller. He's including a front and back "skin." I have $10 in eBay bucks that expire in a couple days, for $9.95 it isn't bad and looks like what I had hoped the IVYSCAM one looked like.

The CAZE website offers a free iPhone 4 case "bonus" with purchase of $20. I guess that's why they are selling this for $19.90. :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-All-New-CA...ewItem&pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item4aa35c1643

14. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

15. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

pics please:confused:

16. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

17. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    I notice the case your received doesn't have the oval camera cutout shape like the render pic above. Did they do a revision after yours?

18. CapitalTee macrumors newbie

Looks good, wonder how much it protects from a drop though...

19. brandonhodge thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm good question, the cutout is different. Not quite sure. And as for the drops probably not much but I personally don't want to find out

20. rperalta macrumors 6502

Interesting...it looks like the current picture from their website now is the same when it was announced last week (I think 7/30/10). You can pre-order but it doesn't ship until 8/3/10. Haven't heard from the forum if some received their pre-order. I wonder if you have an earlier version?

21. calvy macrumors 65816

looks exactly like the switcheasy nude to me.

22. Makav3li macrumors newbie

case looks good.i just don't like the top and bottom openings.

23. DeePeezy macrumors member

Thx for the review. Is there a frame that goes over the edges of the phone (where the steel band meets the black edges) or do the edges just go straight up? I hope that made sense.

24. ratman2356 macrumors member

Thanks for posting this up. I saw an article on this case on Slashgear and saved it to follow up on. I would love a thin clear case like this but want one that doesn't scratch easily and isn't a fingerprint magnet. TPU is prolly going to be my best bet but they seem to either have problems with yellowing or are frosted or jack up the screen protector.

Drop back after a while and give us an update on how scratch resistant it is please. Also, do the fingerprints wipe off easily?

25. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I watched it. I would be interested in knowing how scratch resistant the case is. Also, when the case is on the iPhone is there any "creaking" when the case is held tightly. The reason I mention this is because I just received my IvySkin Reception (which is supposedly just .1 mm thicker than the CaZe) and I like it but it is a fingerprint magnet and the creaks are present.