The worst person you are personally associated with

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by YS2003, Dec 10, 2008.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

Who are your worst partners, friends, or associates in your own life? No need to name a name. There have been news on corrupt politicians, disgraced executives, and other public figures. But the average people do not know them in person.

The definition of the worst person can include many characteristics. For this thread, let's narrow down to the following characteristics: harmed your reputation, caused the financial or materially adverse consequences, hindered your future opportunity (in business, personal life, in academia, and others), dragged you into the legal problems, and something in those lines.

For some people, it could be yourself:)

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. n8236 macrumors 65816

The worst persons I know has to be my bosses. Not only did I not get a raise after busting my @ss for them for a 1 yr, I still get no benefits or perks. The worst part is, they are ALMOST ALWAYS late when it comes to paying me on time. They're pathetic.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope, don't know anyone personally. Although going off of the 6 Degrees of Separation theory, I'm no more than 4 from a bunch of bad people including Bush :D

5. A Fat Tarantula macrumors newbie

A Fat Tarantula

Hah...
    That would be my step-mother....
    The EPITOME of white trash.

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

My roommate. He has so many misconceptions and blames everyone else when he fails at something.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Myself. I can and should be doing much better. I rest on my laurels far too often. As such I've done all these to myself;
    Although I've not really been in legal trouble besides a parking fine :).

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I know a guy who embezzled somewhere around 10 grand from his company. I play M:tG with him every month =-O

9. Cap41 macrumors 6502

10. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

And here I thought I was alone here in that regard (MtG, not the embezzlement).

Going by the OP's criteria, I'd have to give the prize to my ex-wife. Tried to bankrupt me, screwed my credit, tried to sleep with half my friends, did a real number on me with the IRS one year (I'm still paying that off). It's OK though - last I heard she was estranged from her family, living in utter squalor with her trailer trash new husband and their 6 kids, and she's wanted for grand theft auto (that's a fun story in and of itself).

An honorable mention goes to my [first] stepmother who took a perverse delight in abusing me in unmentionable ways on a near-daily basis for ten years or so.

A second honorable mention goes to a guy with whom I went to school up through 10th grade who is currently sitting in jail awaiting trial for brutally beating his parents to death the day before Thanksgiving 4 years ago.

11. rumourguy macrumors member

12. MrM macrumors 6502

Well, this award is regretfully going to one of my childhood friends... He was a great guy, but then 5 years ago he started stealing money from his friends/family, doing E, dropped out of 2 different technical schools since graduating high school, treats his mother and father like trash, and is slowly loosing his mind. Oh, and I forgot to mention the 3 cars he totaled in two years. :rolleyes:

He's well on his way to being one of those tweakers you see on Cops.

13. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

Has he had a mental evaluation? Late teens/early 20s is a time when quite a few mental disorders such as schizophrenia typically present themselves.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

My father, but I don't know if he really falls under your really strict definition of "worst person".

15. MrM macrumors 6502

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he hasn't. It's really a sad thing. To be completely honest, his parents weren't exactly the best at parenting in my opinion. However I don't feel that it's my place to say how to raise someone elses kid, let alone say anything now given his age...

All I can really do is continue to offer my friendship to the guy and hope he turns his life around sooner or later.

16. YS2003 thread starter macrumors 68020

YS2003

Those are awful things to put up with.
    It seems the most likely candidates for the worst person are the relatives or significant others (with whom you are married, engaged, or in the long term relationship).

17. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

At this moment in time? My next door neighbors boyfriend. He is always fixing his trucks in the driveway that we share!:mad: Right now he is building/repairing an engine in the garage that is connected to ours.:mad: There is engine oil spilled all over their half of the driveway. Right now, there are three trucks out front. One excursion van, late 1980's Chevy Suburban and a pick-up truck.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ALL of this is against association rules and he's been fined, ticketed... the whole nine yards and yet he still persists. He is a low-life, blue collar piece of ****! I don't know why she puts up with him. It's not even his house!!!:mad::mad::mad: Did I mention he's a 7th grade drop-out and his GF (our neighbor) is a school teacher?

/END RANT

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

19. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

same here

20. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well using your definition, I would say no one I know personally. I have been fairly lucky in my dealings with people…

However, I do know that I am my own worst enemy.
    :eek:

21. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Mine is kind of the same, my GF's mother, or hopefully future mother in law, if she can get that broom stick out of her ass. :mad:

:D

22. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Has to be my husband's best friends. they have hearts of gold, but they are the nastiest people to ever walk the planet. they live accordingly too

23. scottkifnw macrumors regular

scottkifnw

Are you better than your friend?

I can understand reluctance to report the malfeasance, but to continue to play with him monthly knowing his crime (what crimes do you not know about?), and choosing to associate and play with this person indicates that your values align with your friend.

Everything is a choice, and there are no accidents here.

sek

24. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I am my own worst enemy...

However, Rod Blagojevich is also my mom's boss, so go figure. :rolleyes:

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440