The WSJ said that the iPhone 6..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reach9, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reach9, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Well, the iPhone 5 isn't even out yet and we already have rumors for the iPhone 6! Talk about crazy.

According to this on 9to5Mac, the iPhone 6 will have a new way of charging the phone, and will be "a major iPhone revamp for the product’s sixth iteration".

Also, apparently "Apple is still working on a lower-priced iPhone with an edge-to-edge display."

Since it's by WSJ, it has an air of credibility around it. Still, i wouldn't be surprised to hear about iPhone 7 a week before the 5 gets launched. :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll be buying the 5 subsidized, and selling it unlocked for the 6.

2. anthonyrp macrumors member

i was just going to make a thread about that

3. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Sweet. Seeing as I just got the 4, I plan on skipping the 5 altogether. haha. Nice to know that it will be a major revision (yeah, I know this is just a rumor. But if the 5 looks anything like the 4; then the 6 WILL be a major revamp).

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The forums have raised the bar on the insanity with these rumors. :p

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

These "analysts" get away with too many lies. It's just too damn easy to say "Oh my *sources* tell me that the next iPhone will have blah, blah, blah..."

It should be that if an author gets his prediction wrong he should be stoned to death. This way you wouldn't have some many random people grasping for straws and claiming they know what the next iPhone will be (when they clearly dont).

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Blogs want articles and iPhone is a hot topic that will always garner a lot of attention. :p It's so unfortunate.

8. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Like any other "media" channel, they post "rumors" too boost traffic to there website and papers.

It's press and media 101

9. anthonyrp macrumors member

10. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

11. anthonyrp macrumors member

idk but he knew this about one month before wsj

12. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I disagree.

The WSJ is in bed with Apple, so it's a suck up to benefit Apple. They've got that old man Walt Mossberg who's Apple's talking head under the disguise of a WSJ writer with tech experience, but it's all a brilliant sham.

It's been that way for years & Apples got a lot of mileage out of "The Expert".

13. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

I see your point.
    But from what i've been keeping track of WSJ's track record is pretty good, please correct me with examples if i'm wrong.

Also, MacRumors just posted the same article on the main page, i think it's best if we continue the discussion there: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1183219

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How is this any different from 99.5% of people on here? Shouldn't we start banning people that are just making up rumors?

15. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

I think you guys are both correct...Walt is in bed with Apple, but in kind, he is fed a lot of accurate info, so his batting average is higher than most bloggers.

16. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

All the more reason to believe it. Why on earth would Apple allow something like this to get publicized if it wasn't a possibility? It's always bad to let the expectations get to out of whack so why let a publication you have very close ties with make an outlandish claim? They wouldn't.

And now that wireless charging is a reality and a standard exists, why would it be so hard to believe that manufacturers would build it into the devices?

BTW, this should be merged:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/06/apple-experimenting-with-new-way-of-charging-for-2012-iphone/

17. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm curious as to why when someone see's an article about anything to do with an iPhone, they feel this massive desire to rush over to these forums and post a link to it.
    Do they think they get credit for posting a link? Or is it they feel better about themselves for being the first to post a new thread about a yet again rumor?

I don't get it.

18. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

I think you're over thinking it. The main reason I believe, that people post iPhone related articles here, is to discuss about it, which is the purpose of the forums.

19. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I'm all for discussing the iPhone. But the iPhone 5 doesn't even exist, now they're popping up rumors about future rumors. By all accounts, we should also talk about the iphone tripod mounts for our unicorns, with and without the horn attachment.

20. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

Yeah, i know how crazy that is. I feel the same way, as i mentioned in my first post.

21. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Closed by OP's request. The discussion can be continued in the news thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.