the x-protector aluminum bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by guccigucci88, Mar 24, 2012.

1. guccigucci88, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Yup, yet another aluminum bumper. This ones screwless and very similar to the graft.

http://www.iwowcase.com/xprotector-metal-aluminum-iphone44s-bumper-case-black-p-4295.html

anyone interested?

I think I like it more than the graft because the whole thing is aluminum rather than only the clasp like the graft. and more color combos available. (also the graft is pretty expensive considering it is more than 70% Polycarbonate.)

I would recommend looking elsewhere first though if you want it because iwowcases has pretty jacked up prices.

2. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

Rip off of the leverage. Not bad looking.... how are they going to deal with signal loss? The reason the graft is made of poly is for signal loss.... or lack there of. Like the leverage more......I'll wait until caseswill has one lol.

3. guccigucci88, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Here is the actual company that makes em -

http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=167

Regarding signal loss, most aluminum case will give u a drop. Some less than others. (The Ikuba I reviewed yesterday has actually had no affect on my phone which I suspect is due to the open top design). The majority of aluminum cases are definitely not fit for those with crappy signal to start.

Are you saying you like the xprotector or the graft more?

4. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

I actually like the Graft more but xpro is a ver nice looking case and If the price drops Ill pick on up.

5. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

Wow didn't know FiiO started making cases too, interesting.

6. parrot5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

The Fiio bumper is available on both the bay and Ali for around $30.

7. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Good lookin out but which one do you mean by the bay? Not the huge department store im guessing...

8. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

eBay.

9. lunarken macrumors regular

ya... saw... still a bit steep.

10. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I am guessing it is genuine, therefore the price...

11. guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

really not too bad for an all aluminum case. my case-mate barely there was about 30 bucks and its a thin piece of plastic... now thats steep lol.

Anyone planning on checking this out? I'd love to see some pics of it and a review.

12. lunarken macrumors regular

now fake Vapor comp is around us$23.... $30 for this brand is ex..

13. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I am still thinking over this bumper. The one advantage is this case is tool-less. So if in some places where reception is flaky, I can easily rip it off and see if it can reconnect to the network. I don't expect to utilize this advantage everyday (my reception is good where I go. Even the original Blade bumper, with its horrible reputation, works fine for me), but it's an option that is there. Beats bringing a tiny screwdriver lol

14. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I am going to do a review when mine gets here. I just placed my order and I'll let you know...just saying.

15. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Just received this case today. Bought it on Ali for 30 bucks. Here are some pics of the case..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. DroidRules macrumors 65816

My question as well.

I know some don't have issues but the majority of people that buy the full aluminum bumpers agree that without the "window" in the aluminum bumper it kills signal.

Not bad looking though. Can this be used with the Glass T? Reason I didn't pick up one of the grafts. From the pics it looks like it shouldn't be an issue but don't want to blow $30+ bucks on a case if my $30 screen protector won't work with it.

17. takatech macrumors newbie

Hi just to note is there any scratches to the bezel? Especially on the button on the top? The original graft case cause scratches on the phone bezel.

18. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

This looks exactly like a Graft Leverage but all metal?!

19. guccigucci88, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012

guccigucci88 thread starter macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Wow that looks nice! I want one now. How does it feel in the hand? Bulky at all? and how signal?

Only concern I have is that the buttons look a bit hard to reach. A few aluminum bumpers i've aquired have all had the same issue... wish they would make a bumper with built in volume buttons.

btw did you grab yours off ebay?

20. parrot5 macrumors 6502

It is just the reflection, or do you have the apple logo glow light mod? :D

I also debated with myself to get a silver or grey-orange. Ended up getting the grey-orange but I like how yours look. Will report when I receive it (the tracking number hasn't worked yet, and it had been a few days already).

21. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

It felt normal like the rest of the aluminum cases, not bulky at all but a little heavy.
    With this case on it lose about -9db
    The volume buttons is a little hard to reach and the power button feels very stiff.
    and I bought it from aliexpress

Yea I have the apple glow back mod on .:)

Don't really know about the scratches, couldn't see any yet.

22. kaikai830 macrumors 6502

Just received my Graft Leverage case today. Just want to show you guys some pics of these two cases side by side:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. parrot5 macrumors 6502

I got my Fiio X-Protector after 3 weeks, bought from AliExpress. This has the best quality out of the all the fakes ones I got - 2x Vapor Comp, 2x Vapor Pro, 2x Blade. Interestingly signal reduction is not much, when tested in Field Test mode. Even though it wraps the whole phone with metal like the Blade, the signal is much better. And changing out a SIM card is no problem thanks to the tool-less removal and installation.

24. KeroLu macrumors member

I had the fake Vapor Comp and the Black Ops ones before and didn't see a signal reduction in either one. Is the X-Protector similar to either one in terms of signal loss?

25. dwa2011 macrumors regular

dwa2011

I have had received quite a hard hit in my signal. just tossing that out there.