the x1900 problem - thank you apple

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by trainguy77, Jan 10, 2009.

1. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

As some of you may know i had those dreaded x1900 issues, freezing graphic glitches etc. I was out of warranty by almost a year. However it started closer to the just months after warranty was up. I contacted applecare this last august and they said they could do anything about it. I recently emailed the steve@apple.com As its a somewhat common problem. I couple days later i got a call from I staff member from "Executive relations" he started looking into the case and talked without technical staff, even consulted with the engineer in charge of the Mac Pro. After a couple days of him looking into it those replaced my card free of charge. He said it was a one time thing as they wanted my card to be sent to the engineers to have tests done on it. As they haven't got there hands on many of the cards with the issues. I was rather pleased. Thanks once again apple. Those having the problems shouldn't give up, even if out of warranty. They may still replace it for you.

2. inigel macrumors regular

inigel

3. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

I wish they would have done that for mine. My (over 1 year old) X1900 XT died and they wouldn't replace it. I had to pony up for a X2600HD to replace it.

4. trainguy77 thread starter macrumors 68040

Did you email the steve address?