The Xbox One pre-order thread

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by WhiteIphone5, Jun 24, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Where did you pre-order yours from?
    Did you save?
    What exclusives are you looking forward the most?
    What do you think about Xbox reversing their policies?
    Do you like the rumble feedback on the trigger?
    Are you also pre-ordering the PS4?
    Excited for Kinect 2? Or do you just use voice command?

2. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

Preordered off Amazon for $500

Looking forward to Project Spark the most. After that, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break

I believe in their vision but MS Marketing = fail like always. Their execution was also flawed. They could've just redone the check-in to not be so invasive. Or they could have done the digital roll-out in stages. Or they could've created two separate markets - digital and physical and let the consumer decide which to support. Instead they tried to go all on and most gamers had no clue what they were doing and ran away

I don't really care about trigger rumble that much. Kinect, cloud offloading via Azure, dedicated servers, TV integration are what I'm excited for most

I'll buy the PS4 eventually. It gives me a reason to use my Vita which is collecting dust. If the graphical performance gap between PS4 and XB1 shows up, I'll probably end up buying all my third party games for PS4.

Excited for Kinect 2. They dropped latency a bit, made the accuracy pretty ridiculous (facial expression, eye tracking etc), and allowed it to be used in conjunction with controllers. That last part lets it evolve from a niche device for dance and party games into something that can complement any type of game. Add voice control and biometric capabilities and devs now have a ton of different inputs they can use simultaneously for their games besides just button mashing.

3. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Ps4 has overall better graphics right? Do you think there will be a noticeable difference between the two?

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Initially no. The PS4 is the more powerful system but you probably won't see that until later in the consoles lives.
    PS4 might load faster on day 1 (faster memory, more memory for games).

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I'm starting to think the whole thing was a marketing-buzz ploy.... :eek:

(they did get a TON of free marketing because of it...)

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

a ton of negative marketing.

You couldn't give me a Xbone on day 1 or any day for that matter. MS can stuff it up their arses and kinex can watch it all.

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

lol...

Maybe, if you're lucky, you can get the Wii Fit Trainer to help out? :eek:

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw

8. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

One thing I've learned from watching Microsoft over the last couple years is 9 times out of 10 their marketing guys will screw up everything. They have one of the worst marketing groups in the tech industry.

Apple marketing was able to take an OS reskinned to look like My Little Pony and convince people it was groundbreaking and innovative.

Meanwhile MS spent a lot of money and put a ton of innovation in this console, including cloud offloading, proper motion control integration, multiple biometric inputs, ditching your remote for TV/Device interfacing, and a bold attempt to disrupt physical game distribution (along with SW innovations like Project Spark), and their marketing dept almost makes that thing DOA.

9. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

Just found out MS is not including a headset with the xbox one -.-

****ing greedy ass company

10. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    That hopefully means less underage kids spouting off online.

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I doubt it, XBox live = cheap babysitter to the types of parents that allow their kids to behave that way.

12. poe diddley macrumors regular

Pre ordered direct from Microsoft thru Xbox live. After getting a no from my local GameStop, as well as some snarky comments as they attempted to move me into a ps4 ( never gonna happen- hate the ps controller).
    Probably didnt save anything-not sure how you could.
    Not sure about the exclusives. Rarely pay attention to it honestly, but I can say none of the ps4 exclusives interested me at all.
    They probably made the right decision on reversing the drm stuff, but only time will tell because it took away some "features" in the process supposedly.
    Not sure about rumble on the trigger. Will only know once I've played with it.
    No. Screw playstation. Not sure why everyone is really talking all this smack, as nothing the ps4 has shown actually impressed me. The price would be the only attractive feature for me.
    Could care less about Kinect or voice command honestly. My Kinect will most likely be turned around to face the wall, or maybe get a nice fat piece of duct tape over it.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I saw a few games I'd like to play but nothing that really grabbed me, but when you preorder any console you're getting it for the games you know are coming. Preorder an Xbox for Halo, Gears of War, Forza. PS4: Gran Turismo, The Last Of Us/Uncharted/Beyond type stuff and indie games. Nintendo: Mario, Zelda, Metroid. We all know what to expect from these consoles now. That's why I'm not going for an Xbox, the only exclusive I vaguely like is Halo.

14. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Pre ordered mine from Amazon.

Originally I pre ordered a PS4 with Battlefield 4 launch edition, because M$ crack marketing team sold the PS4 so well. :confused: With M$ flipping on the DRM, my getting a PSN+ account in advance, and remembering how much I hated PSN compared to Live, I went back to the XBOne.

I know they've promised that PSN will be better, but I'll have to wait and see that myself. With Live, I've enjoyed it since day one & two systems, I'm willing to give it another try.

Unfortunately there isn't any next generation games on either system at launch that I'm looking forward to. So I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be playing my 360 predominately into mid 2014.

15. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

yeah im thinking the same thing. the new HALO and Titan fall comes out next year right?

16. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

yeah same here, I think I may end up getting the Xbone. The new halo is calling my name.

17. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Just pre-ordered both a One and a PS4 from BestBuy.com. Not sure if I will actually get the One though. The whole Kinect thing does not interest me though I have yet to see it in person. Perhaps the improvements will make it worth while but I guess I'm more "old school" when it comes to that. Just give me a wireless controller and I'm happy.