Other The XR has better battery than the Xs Max

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Sep 12, 2018.

1. JPack macrumors 68040

JPack

No surprise for me.

The myth about OLED being less power hungry has always been a story perpetrated by Samsung, LG, and other OLED makers. Most users look at white content on their phones and that's where LCD is more power efficient.

2. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Would it have really hurt their bottom line THAT MUCH to keep the A12 in parity across all three iPhones? 4GB all across the board. Really Apple? You’re going to penny pinch us out of a measly 1GB of RAM? That 1GB just might make a difference in terms of how long the iPhone Xr lasts relative to the iPhone Xs/Xs Max, and really, they should all last just as long as each other from an SoC standpoint.

3. sheltem macrumors member

Well said. I've owned both the 8 Plus and X. Despite the X having a slightly larger battery, it's battery life was clearly inferior to the 8 Plus.

I loved my iPhone X, but battery life is more important to me, so I sold it and got an XR. However with the new Apple battery cases, I might go back to smaller OLED phone next year.

4. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

Wow really? Low screen resolution and smaller screen = better battery life.

5. tonybarnaby macrumors 65816

What newer battery cases?

6. burgman macrumors 68000

burgman

Look at the front page

7. WarriorX Suspended

Yep, been saying that for years, but always had people with Androids argue with me saying I was fos. lol.

8. davedvdy macrumors 6502a

It's directly on apple.com to see when comparing models.

Up to 2 extra hours of Internet use on the XR (15 hours) and up to an additional hour of video playback (16 hrs).

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Old comment to reply to, but don’t think that the 1 GB of RAM makes any practical difference. It’s not going to affect the longevity. The 7 Plus as an extra GB of RAM compared to the 7, as well as the 8 Plus compared to 8. Apple gives the extra RAM to devices that need to push more pixels or manage dual lens cameras. The extra RAM is to ensure that those devices perform as well as their counterparts. They get more RAM because they need it more.