THE Yellow iMac Screen Replacement Repair Poll Thread!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by knewsom, Feb 11, 2010.

?

Did Apple properly fix your yellow tinge with a screen repair?

1. My 21.5" iMac is STILL YELLOW. :(

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. My 21.5" iMac is YELLOW NO MORE! :)

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. My 27" iMac is STILL YELLOW. :(

24 vote(s)
    53.3%
  4. My 27" iMac is YELLOW NO MORE! :)

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. knewsom macrumors 6502a

Thought it was time to start a poll on the replacements, as the stats are starting to roll in!

Please post details and photos if you have them!

2. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

An Apple technician replaced my LCD and it is still yellow near the bottom, although slightly less than before.

3. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

could we have some pics?

4. toed macrumors member

Fail!!!

Just got my 27" back from the apple store and to me... it's worse than it was before.

Not sure where to go from here...

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Had two yellow ones and then decided why bother with iMac, might as well get a 32 HDTV and a mini.

6. toed macrumors member

7. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Ewww, that's a nasty yellow tinge I think. :eek:

Edit: It could be the photo too. It doesn't look nearly as bad in the bottom shot (although still tinged) as it does in the top one. It's hard to tell.

Instead of just looking at it with the Tapplox test try some real images and movies and see how it looks to you. ;)

8. LSBoot macrumors newbie

There's nothing more to test for that screen. That is a yellowting and that's all there is to it.
    Just swap it or get your money back.

Has anyone managed to get their money back from a BTO machine bought from Apple "Premium" Reseller? Or do we have to go through the magical three efforts to fix it... ?

9. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

10. toed macrumors member

no manipulation whatsoever...

I am an avid photog and I can assure you there was no saturation/vibrance/contrast boost or manipulation whatsoever on those photos.

open in Aperture 3, export as jpeg... done.

The one with the 4 corners, I just cropped, exported each crop, then joined them in CS3.

and yeah, it looks terrible on solid light(er) colored backgrounds.

11. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

Apple just set up another onsite LCD replacement for me. This will be my 3rd onsite repair for this machine. I insisted on an entire machine replacement but they said they cannot do that until 3 repairs have been performed on it first. First the HDD and now this will be the second LCD replacement. I am kind of hoping that this LCD replacement doesn't fix it. I just get a bad feeling about this machine, especially with it being my first Mac, and I would just feel better having a new machine with no history of problems.

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Too bad your new setup won't encode 2 hour .avi's in 10-15 minutes. Not putting down your mini, but that's what I bought the iMac 27" i7 for, speed. Encoding requires a lot of CPU power to encode in any decent speed and the mini just doesn't cut it.

13. nicroma macrumors 6502a

nicroma

Here are the 4 grey bars cropped so I could compare them. You be the judge. :(
    Apple is sending out the technician to replace the LCD for a second time. This will be my 3rd repair on this machine.

[​IMG]

14. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

To toed: I think you're going to need to get that latest screen replaced again, unfortunately. :(

15. toed macrumors member

yes...

I am thinking the same... or a refund.

16. knewsom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good luck to you - and to everyone having trouble with the screen replacements. This is very, very worrisome.

And in other news, thanks to the Mods for restoring this thread to what it should, and was intended to, have been.

17. knewsom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya know toed, that looks EXACTLY like my original week 5-something iMac screen... weird.

18. toed macrumors member

my guess is they are "recycling" panels...

and really don't know or don't care about this...

19. scroto macrumors regular

scroto

Yes because everybody encodes tons of movies. :rolleyes:
    The PC in my sig can encode the same AVI twice as fast as your imac so I guess your imac just doesn't cut it.

20. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well, I wasn't trying to be sarcastic and this isn't a pissing contest dude. I was merely pointing out that getting rid of the iMac in favor of a Mac mini and a flat screen isn't an option for many. Was I speaking for everybody? NO. Why don't you allow the person that I was actually talking to, to reply. I wasn't talking to you. :rolleyes: So, you're bragging about your powerful cheap PC? And you're here for what????? :rolleyes: I'm sure your powerful PC will eventually encode as fast as my iMac after you put forth the usual multiple hours getting it to work.

21. tigereat macrumors regular

just dropped my iMac 27 to Apple Service Provider to get the Panel replacement, will let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks

22. archipellago macrumors 65816

you really need to stop peddling this rubbish...

stop drinking the kool aid, Apple's marketing has never been based in fact.

All computers 'just work' its the organic mush behind the keyboard that breaks them...

and that applies to any platform/os.

23. bendrumin macrumors 6502

2nd replacement

I brought mine in friday night for the yellow tint, got it back today, apple booted it up at the store and he went WHOA because it was even WORSE then it was when I brought it in. Doign another replacement now, and if this doesnt work, I need a new machine. I own a design firm and its just getting too annoying.:rolleyes:

24. lindafus macrumors member

lindafus

Apple called and scheduled a LED panel replacement for my yellowed screen (which is not really that bad compared to others here) I opted when the tech called, not to replace at this time. I am waiting until I see people with bright beautiful display replacements (yellow free) report that here. I have 3 year apple care. I am not willing to go through the entire repair process over and over again. They do not have the fix to this issue if they are replacing with same yellowing displays. I will wait it out a bit :eek:

-Linda