Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Some of the Mac websites alter their logo for holidays and other events. I think it'd be cool if MR did this too :)

Examples:

mm-halloween-1.jpg

mulogo-halloween.jpg

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Im not sure how much you can do with the logo, but maybe some stand alone pumpkins.:)

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
That would remind me too much of Spymac, which would NOT be cool AT ALL.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal

Heh, I like that pumpkin with the Finder logo on it.

As for themed logo for MacRumors....I suppose it could have some little holiday decor around it. But I think arn like to keep it simple. Although I have seen some holiday themed avatars around lately. :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Which holidays would you apply this to? It's a big world out there...
I would say the ones everyone celebrates, Halloween and the "holiday season" not needing to get to specific but maybe we can have some holiday lights and maybe a candy cane or 2. and who doesn't like a Jack O Lantern.:)

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
I would say the ones everyone celebrates, Halloween and the "holiday season" not needing to get to specific but maybe we can have some holiday lights and maybe a candy cane or 2. and who doesn't like a Jack O Lantern.:)

Are there holidays everyone celebrates?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I like that MR is consistently simple.
Holidays (such as halloween) are not always so internationally recognized. I'm seeing that it's not a very big occasion in the UK like it was in the US. It gets tricky when a place assumes its holidays on everyone.

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
So what if not everyone who VISITS the website celebrates a given holiday? They don't own the website. It's up to the website owners to decide if they want to put up a holiday themed logo, so it's their perogative and will probably be determined by what holidays THEY celebrate.

So, how about it arn? Which holidays do YOU celebrate? ;)

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
I like that MR is consistently simple.
Holidays (such as halloween) are not always so internationally recognized. I'm seeing that it's not a very big occasion in the UK like it was in the US. It gets tricky when a place assumes its holidays on everyone.

Halloween is a HOLIDAY in the US? :eek:

damn.. i'm moving there.. you guys must get like a ton of holidays each year!!

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Halloween is a HOLIDAY in the US? :eek:

damn.. i'm moving there.. you guys must get like a ton of holidays each year!!
Not precisely, I just meant it's a bigger occasion there. No one gets to take the day off of work or anything. There's very few occasions where an american can take the day off of work and not have their job be in serious jeopardy for it. the US is not always what it's cracked up to be.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Holidays off in U.S. for a state worker in SC) :D is about 11 days. If I work on those days I get regular pay and overtime pay. so it is 2 1/2 times my normal pay.

Love working on those holidays!!!

Oh I forgot, if you want to do the holiday thing. Just change your avatar (if you have one).

Some people don't celebrate Christmas at all. I quit saying have a merry christmas. I now say have a nice holiday.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Some people don't celebrate Christmas at all. I quit saying have a merry christmas. I now say have a nice holiday.
I don't care what they are Im Catholic so I tell everyone a Merry Christmas, I hate when people say "Happy Holidays."

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
At a movie theater last weekend I saw a trailer for The Nativity Story. And it said Coming for the Holidays!

To be politically correct, they couldn't say "Christmas" for a movie about the birth of Jesus!?

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
I don't care what they are Im Catholic so I tell everyone a Merry Christmas, I hate when people say "Happy Holidays."

I am a Catholic too, but I have and do work with people of the jewish faith, budism. I respect them and their religion. That is what Catholism teaches us to have respect for other religions. For the people that I do know celebrate it I wish them a Merry Christmas but strangers on the street no.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I am a Catholic too, but I have and do work with people of the jewish faith, budism. I respect them and their religion. That is what Catholism teaches us to have respect for other religions. For the people that I do know celebrate it I wish them a Merry Christmas but strangers on the street no.
But do they get upset to see a Christmas Tree or to hear carols. The way everything is so commercialized does it really matter to wish someone a Merry Christmas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.