Theme problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lynkynpark86, Feb 14, 2011.

1. lynkynpark86 macrumors 6502

Ello,
    Whenever I have a WinterBoard theme enabled, it work's fine, until I open a folder or the multitasking bar, when all the icons change back. When i close the folder/bar, they fade back to the themed icon. It's not a major issue (obviously), but it's getting a little annoying. Is there a way to fix this?

2. rzrsk8rm macrumors newbie

I too have had this issue. Haven't figured out a work-around for it. I'm not techie either so, it's unlikely that I'll find one :(

3. THE dAY macrumors 6502

First I've heard of this, are you using the Bundles method through winterboard?

4. rzrsk8rm, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011

rzrsk8rm macrumors newbie

Note: I believe this is 4.2.1 only (I'm untethered through Greenpois0n)
    I'm new to the whole jB thing, but, I believe that downloaded themes are in that .Theme/"My_Theme"(.png files)/Bundles/ com.apple.springboard. (other .png files)/en.lproj(string files), by default. So, Yes, Bundles are in effect. Also, ordering said themes/effects in Winterboard does not seem to have an effect.

After surfing the web & using google a lot, I think I've narrowed the issue down to the usage of a new "unknown file type" according to iPhone Browser (.cpbitmap ). It's located in /user/library/springboard. From what I read it's a type of bitmap designed in ANSI C format (link http://faultycode.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=37).

What confuses me is that Wallpaper.png works, but the LockBackground.png (tried .jpg also) does not work.

All in all... It looks like Apple caused all of this by moving around some files & renaming them. So, until the guys over at Cydia & elsewhere figure it out, ppl on jailbroken 4.2.1 devices aren't going to have 100% functional themes.

I've been over to ModMyi as well & found a thread regarding the issue but, it was a little over my head & didn't really address my issue :( (LockBackground.png)
    (Link- http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-t...required-bring-your-4-1-theme-up-4-2-1-a.html)