[Theme] Winterboard Problem with Wallpaper Pages

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blue442, Oct 12, 2010.

1. blue442 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. As you can clearly tell from my post count, I'm a total JB newb! For the first time ever I JB'd my Iphone 3gs (4.1 new base band) last Sunday using Limera1n beta 4.

I'm having a winterboard problem, and i am unsure what is causing it (the answer might be me!)

i have been reading into themes and how to create them and how to use them. I understand that the phone should read wallpapers named "Page0.png" "Page1.png" instead of "Wallpaper.png" for themes. the problem i'm having is that the theme is not loading them. It will load the Wallpaper.png file, or if its not there, it will load my default wallpaper.

But i cant figure out for the life of me what I'm doing wrong. I'm not sure if i have something disabled, or if there is a missing ad don, or if there is something else going on.

Hoping someone here might have an insight.
    Thanks

2. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i am almost positive the page0.png, page1.png etc method of theming homescreens is broken(maybe lost forever) in 4.x.

3. blue442 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh...

Ok. I did come across people commenting on that winterboard was not yet 100%. i had not come across that this was one of them.

most unfortunate.

thanks for the response.

4. Nevpaurion macrumors regular

I was having trouble with getting themes to let me use my user wallpaper with them. I even put the user wallpaper at the top of the priority list or whatever but still nothing.

Using iphone explorer I went in, went to themes, opened up the theme I was trying to use (glass orb) and saw two .png files in the main folder, one was dock and the other was wallpaper.

So I put the picture I wanted on my desktop and named it Wallpaper.png using png as the file type. It will not work if it looks like "Wallpaper.png.jpg".

I then deleted the Wallpaper.png file that was in the glass orb theme, and dragged my personal version of the file into the folder.

refreshed in iphone explorer, went to winterboard and resprung, then bam it was using my wallpaper.

Sorry that was so wordy :rolleyes: