iPhone Theme without winterboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ryan Burgess, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Hi guys I had a winter board theme "soft remix 2" that I REALLY like, but winterboard is destroying my battery life.

Is there someway I can get the icons from the theme to stay after deleting winterboard? Thanks

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You would have to manually replace every app icon via SSH with the one from the theme.

3. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the only way?

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

How does NextGenUI do it? It is a fairly complex theme yet doesn't require Winterboard.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

They probably coded their own way of applying the theme

Winterboard is just a way so developers don't have to each code their different way of applying themes. Similar to what flipswitch and other dependencies do (e.g. libstatusbar, sandcastle, iconsupport, etc)

Even mobile substrate. Instead of every tweak injecting into each app with a different set of code, there's one "universal" code to make things easier and more like a standard to follow

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

And remember, a good theme is much more than just replacing icons. That's a lot of work to do manually.

7. Synergie macrumors 6502a

Instead of SSH you could do it via Dropbox using iFile. But the prob is every time an app updates you'd have to manually change the icon again.

8. Ryan Burgess thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there a tutorial anywhere that you know of that could help me figure out how to do this?

I can't even find where the icons are stored. Thanks

9. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

/var/mobile/Applications/<app folder>/<app name>.app?

In iFile, if you change the file manager settings to show application names, then that string of numbers and letters for the app folder will give you the name of the app instead