"Theme 'X' may cause 'Y' problem" resource?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jman995x, Aug 24, 2011.

1. jman995x macrumors regular

Since I just JB'd my iPhone 4 and am new to this, is there anywhere (either on this site or on the web) that I can go that will tell me of certain glitches people have encountered after installing a Theme?

For instance, I recently installed a theme (don't even think I activated it, just had it in the Themes section of Winterboard), and after I installed this theme the keypad on my iPhone would not only not pop up, but when I'd hit the keypad button on the dock, my phone would respring.
    I finally figured out that I needed to uninstall the last theme, which returned everything to normal.

So, is there anywhere out there that I can log this information so that if somebody else has this problem, they can figure it out more quickly than I did? (and on the flip-side, I can research a Theme before I download it).

I guess I could always just post my findings in a new thread each time, but that seems really cumbersome. Maybe the moderators of this site would consider another sub-category.....iPhone Hacks>Apps and Themes Glitches.

Thanks,

J.

2. paxxxor macrumors newbie

paxxxor

I can see what you're saying, although there are so many factors for each user differently installing the same theme on their phone such as;

- iPhone version, hardware...
    - iPhone version, software and/or baseband
    - iPhone vs iPod touch
    - Jailbreaking method
    - What other themes and/or applications or tweaks that individual user has on their device
    - All of these differences used in conjunction thousands of different ways...

It is highly unlikely that the same issue is going to happen to a different person and the solution be the same...

Your idea would not as much fix any problems anyone has with a themes, just list them, although it may be useful to post solutions to certain conflicts that have been solved.

Considering this, It is way too easy for a user to trouble shoot these issues themselves by uninstalling a part of a theme or a whole theme or tweak themselves. Impossible for another user to know...

I dont, although see myself consulting such a database before i install a theme, most users enjoy trying out and seeing how it looks, error or no error.

Good luck

paxxxor