Themer Beta ....... SWEET!!!!!

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 30, 2013.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Anyone try this yet? Themer Beta

This launcher is nice. And the themes you download are very customizable.

Works good on my S4. Not compatible with the N7 yet according to the Play Store. I'll be playing around with this a lot. :)

2. emeraldringer macrumors member

I've tried it and see a lot of promise in it.

The ability to customize Android's look is a big plus over iOS. However until this point, customizing has been too much of a hassle for many (downloading misc. apps/launchers, tweaking, etc.)

Themer has a chance to be huge because it offers the customized look without the hassle.

3. Stuntman06 macrumors 6502a

Stuntman06

I tried it, but I found it too ridged. Themes are not flexible enough. If you want to move a few objects so you can put a widget in, you can't. At least, I couldn't when I tried it. I feel it is more form over function.

I've already configured my home screens with objects that suit me and the layout that suits me. I did not see any theme that I thought offered a similar function as my exiting layouts of my home screens.

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

The ironic thing about themer is that you can't really customize anything. It slaps a look onto your phone, but then you are locked in to the preset icons. Many themes allow you to change which app said icon will launch but that's about it.

It's a cool app, but the nicest looking themes only allowed me 5 or so apps to be on my home screen.

5. mclld macrumors 68000

Mos of the themes are way too busy/tacky for my tastes, I never used it again and went by to my Nova Prime setup, much better for me

6. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

That's incorrect. You can customize the layout just by holding long pressing the screen. You can tap unlock widgets when the menu comes up and delete, add or move things around. Plus other options.