Themes App for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lincolnchee, Sep 17, 2008.

1. lincolnchee macrumors member

Hi guys,

Just wondering if Theme Apps (like summerboard, winterboard) could appear soon in the AppStore ? Or Apple forbids these kind of applications?

Thanks.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

With the current SDK limitations, there will never be anything as cool as WinterBoard available in the App Store.

You see, in Apple's world, it's the iWay or the highway. ;)

3. lincolnchee thread starter macrumors member

Ahhhh !

That's a letdown!
    Already limited by a number of features, developers are further restricted from building applications to produce these features.

I am a great fan of Apple and I love my iPhone 3G. However, I just hate it when claims were made but eventually they are not up to the words. I remember the keynote for the 1st generation iPhone, Steve mentioned about being able to develop "Desktop class application" and iphone being "5 years ahead of any phone". Are these claims really true? I would agree that some are and some are not. Look at Windows Mobile, developers are not limited by Microsoft. To further add on, MMS+bluetooth file transfer+SMS forwarding are all basic features of many phones. Copy&Paste+file management are features that Symbian mobile phones will have.

Really 5 years ahead ??? Although, I have to agree that Apple did really create futuristic interfaces and a lot of cool functionalities.