Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hello all, I have been having an issue certain themes refuse to apply fully on my 5s running 7.1.2.

One such example is Darkmatter, only a few icons actually show up and instead most of the icons are from previous themes which have been deselected.

Is there something I can use to wipe the cache from these previously applied themes. The only thing I could find was iwipecache and that was only up to ios 4.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
WinterBoard automatically clears the cache when you do a respring from within its settings after applying/changing themes.
Do you have IconBundles installed? If not, install it as many themes require IconBundles to work.

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Hello all, I have been having an issue certain themes refuse to apply fully on my 5s running 7.1.2.

One such example is Darkmatter, only a few icons actually show up and instead most of the icons are from previous themes which have been deselected.

Is there something I can use to wipe the cache from these previously applied themes. The only thing I could find was iwipecache and that was only up to ios 4.

iCleaner/ iCleaner Pro

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Thanks for the replies guys. I do have iconbundles installed and iconomatic, restarting or respringing does not change the issue.

I have run icleaner several times and the issue persists. I uninstalled winterboard and oddly I did not get the original apple theme still the springboard was themed with a mixtures of some the themes I had downloaded. I installed anemone and it would not open.

*sighs*

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Thanks for the replies guys. I do have iconbundles installed and iconomatic, restarting or respringing does not change the issue.

I have run icleaner several times and the issue persists. I uninstalled winterboard and oddly I did not get the original apple theme still the springboard was themed with a mixtures of some the themes I had downloaded. I installed anemone and it would not open.

*sighs*

Use ifile and manually delete the themes and or caches maybe?

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Use ifile and manually delete the themes and or caches maybe?

Thanks I went to var/mobile/library/caches but can't find a springboard or winterboard folder or any file looking like a theme file.

Do you know where I can find them?

StarkCity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
California
Actually just found com.apple.springboard

1add073f338db8e97f4334bd9ba2ecb1.jpg

I found that also..... And then this..... But to be honest I don't know what will happen if you mess with them. Weird thing is iCleaner should work.

Also, there have been changes to iOS's file systems since 7.1.2 ..... I'm on 9.0.2, so things may look or be different for your device . Hope you get it figured out.

628ea8bb3a0550b403a5ceeded279ff5.jpg

Also found this..... Might be named winterboard for yours. Not sure

Last edited:

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey I cleared that one and the springboard one same issue but I thank you so much for helping me!

Reactions: StarkCity

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

You probably tried this, but did you move your theme to the top in Winterboard? I don't even use Winterboard anymore. I use Anemone

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
You probably tried this, but did you move your theme to the top in Winterboard? I don't even use Winterboard anymore. I use Anemone
Been themeing a long time, and tried to hold off as long as possible to go Anemone. Until, Coolstar tweeted he wasn't going to support classicdock and classicbadges in WB anymore. Sure, I could use the old .deb files... but gave Anemone a shot. Hated it at first, but then when I learned they packaged iconomatics, IconBundles, classic dock/badges in Anemone... I was very happy to install just one tweak... rather than many to do the same thing. Had to learn plist formatting... but they have a nice website for reference. Easy to organize themes, badges and docks with the PackageName Key in plist file... so I can find everything easily and switch my theme combos fast... without scrolling to find everything like in WB. WB was great... but Anemone is very user friendly when you get used to it... and if organize everything through plist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.