Themes on a Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thomahawk, Oct 8, 2008.

1. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

Well im kind of getting tired of the usual look of leopard. the only way i can refresh my eyes are the change of wallpapers.
    but i wonder if there is a way to change themes on leopard to like a darker theme. (better for my eyes and monitor) (and i do use a dark wallpaper to help this)
    or lets just say change the whole GUI interface of leopard into another colored theme or w.e

2. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Currently, only OS X Tiger supports user-made themes. In essence, OS X Leopard is "un-moddable" in a way. Or just very hard to do.

Take a look at an application called CandyBar (Google for it). It let's you change all of your system icons and the dock.

3. smogsy macrumors 6502a

if you go to nickdanforth on youtube search dock he has a video of a very simple app to change your dock very easy to use and i reccomded it iver used it for a while very good and easy to do. :)

4. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Facade (http://facadeapp.com/) is probably your best bet. Its going to be released sometime this month

5. acxz macrumors regular

Looks great. If it does what it says, it'll be a steal for $10 - as long as the paid themes are just as well priced.

6. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

10 bucks is a great price, I haven't herd anything about the theme prices yet.

7. mdio1234 macrumors newbie

mdio1234

That app(facade) looks awesome, I definitely be picking it up for 10 bucks.

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

thanks for the facade heads up, looks clean and no resources!

9. iStrat macrumors member

Applications like this always make me nervous. It seems very unlikely that it won't have the potential to cause issues with system stability, no? Apple should include at least some basic options to customize the look of OS X beyond what you can do now.

10. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Kameleon is limited, but works reasonably well, at least for me. It only skins the scroll bars and buttons, however, and not the whole interface.

jW

11. foxfire33 macrumors newbie

foxfire33

facade

I have been to the facade app site and still see a coming soon link. Am I doing something wrong?

12. cspec macrumors newbie

13. yoppie macrumors 6502a

14. Vertical macrumors member

Just Curious

Since it has been nearly a year since the last post about facade, im wondering if anyone has any information on weather this will ever be released, or if there is any other program that has since stepped into its place. Mac seems to lack allot of things as I dig deeper and deeper into using it. Somewhat like the iPhone, what it does do; it does well, but at the same time, there are the things it doesn't do like... at all... or they tend to make it extremely difficult.

Anyway, just trying to customize it up a bit, if anyones got some ideas on theming, please do reply ;)

15. altair7 macrumors member

Magnifique does the job. I just installed it yesterday and it works. I haven't seen any stability issues yet. The only downside right now is there is only a small number of themes.

You can get it here http://magnifiqueapp.com