themes on official firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bndoarn, Jun 12, 2008.

1. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

does anyone think that eventually themes will come to official firmware? i think in some way it will, but not as advanced and what you can do when jailbroken, for example maybe only being allowed to change icons on the home screen. it's kinda obvious that the jailbreaking scene influences some of apple's actions. jailbroken ipods had iphone apps before the JSU and lets you download 3rd party apps and now apple did/is doing both of those.

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

the only way that it could be implemented into the official firmware is either for Apple to make it an accessible option, or for the SDK to be used to make this a reality.

1. Apple would never add the functionality. Steve Jobs likes all his products to stay 'Uniform'.

2. The SDK completely forbids this type of functionality being made for the touch platform, as stated in the terms and conditions of use for the SDK.

R-Fly

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

WHAAAAAATT? The main reason i jailbroke was for themes! jeez, i wait months, and i cant have SDK supplied themes... well im staying jailbroke into 2.0.