iPhone Themes that allow my own wallpapers?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by woodynorman, Feb 23, 2013.

1. woodynorman, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

woodynorman macrumors 6502

I'm currently using 1derful theme on my iphone 5. I like it because I can set my own wallpaper. I've purchased a few other themes in the past, but most don't allow you to use pics as wallpapers it seems.

Any good themes out there that I can use my own wallpaper? And how do I know before purchasing that I can? It seems some theme descriptions aren't all that descriptive :)

2. kingdLo macrumors 6502

I have found that with every theme you can just delete the wallpaper file with iFile and wala, your own walls.

3. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that easy to do with ifile? I try not to tweak with file settings too much for fear of messing something up in my phone

4. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Just like deleting any other file from your computer. You can also use iExplorer or iFunbox on Mac to do it.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Maybe writing a short 'How to do it' tutorial would help the OP !

6. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

This would be awesome! When I get home from work i will download ifile.

Playing with files scares me a bit. Everytime I mess with files on my computer, I seem to cause myself more grief than good.

7. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and using ifile but there's nothing scary about it really. As long as you don't mess with the native settings on the phone but just with themes you should be ok.

You'll never learn unless you try! Took me 3 hours or so just to customize my lock screen how I want but I finally got it, well for the most part. lol :rolleyes:

8. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

Sorry if I'm missing something here in this thread, but can't you just drag "user wallpaper" above your theme in winter board? Works for me.

[​IMG]

9. kingdLo macrumors 6502

While I'm sure that does work I've never tried it. I rather just go with the better solution then a winter board fix.

10. BHP41 macrumors 6502a

BHP41

What???????? A better solution?? What could be easier than dragging a a section to the top of Winterboard. You're obviously in there selecting the theme. LMAO if you think there's an easier/better way.

11. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

It's so much easier than editing theme packages in iFile. Like the above poster said, you're already in winterboard, just pull user wallpaper up and select. Easy peasy!

But to each their own...

12. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do you have to manually put the wallpaper into that User Wallpaper theme every time you want to change your wallpaper though? If not then that's obviously the easiest and fastest way to do it.

13. woodynorman thread starter macrumors 6502

I have only downloaded one theme for my iphone5 and that is 1derfulHD. It allows me to put user wallpaper on top and use my own.

However, when I had a 4s jailbroken, I purchased a few themes that I liked and a couple of them wouldn't show my wallpaper even if "user wallpaper" was on top in Winterboard. I was going to try redownloading those but they all say " not compatible with your device". I assume the are not updated for IOS6.

I did download another theme last night, RocketsauceHD, and it allows user wallpaper, if put on top of the others in Winterboard. Hmmmm.