Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
I'm currently using 1derful theme on my iphone 5. I like it because I can set my own wallpaper. I've purchased a few other themes in the past, but most don't allow you to use pics as wallpapers it seems.

Any good themes out there that I can use my own wallpaper? And how do I know before purchasing that I can? It seems some theme descriptions aren't all that descriptive :)

Last edited:

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
I'm currently using 1derful theme on my iphone 5. I like it because I can set my own wallpaper. I've purchased a few other themes in the past, but most don't allow you to use pics as wallpapers it seems.

Any good themes out there that I can use my own wallpaper? And how do I know before purchasing that I can? It seems some theme descriptions aren't all that descriptive :)
I have found that with every theme you can just delete the wallpaper file with iFile and wala, your own walls.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Is that easy to do with ifile? I try not to tweak with file settings too much for fear of messing something up in my phone

Tiptizzle

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Is that easy to do with ifile? I try not to tweak with file settings too much for fear of messing something up in my phone

Just like deleting any other file from your computer. You can also use iExplorer or iFunbox on Mac to do it.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
Maybe writing a short 'How to do it' tutorial would help the OP !

This would be awesome! When I get home from work i will download ifile.

Playing with files scares me a bit. Everytime I mess with files on my computer, I seem to cause myself more grief than good.

luminouslight

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2012
Orlando FL
This would be awesome! When I get home from work i will download ifile.

Playing with files scares me a bit. Everytime I mess with files on my computer, I seem to cause myself more grief than good.

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and using ifile but there's nothing scary about it really. As long as you don't mess with the native settings on the phone but just with themes you should be ok.

You'll never learn unless you try! Took me 3 hours or so just to customize my lock screen how I want but I finally got it, well for the most part. lol :rolleyes:

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
Sorry if I'm missing something here in this thread, but can't you just drag "user wallpaper" above your theme in winter board? Works for me.

su2eva5e.jpg

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Sorry if I'm missing something here in this thread, but can't you just drag "user wallpaper" above your theme in winter board? Works for me.

While I'm sure that does work I've never tried it. I rather just go with the better solution then a winter board fix.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
While I'm sure that does work I've never tried it. I rather just go with the better solution then a winter board fix.

What???????? A better solution?? What could be easier than dragging a a section to the top of Winterboard. You're obviously in there selecting the theme. LMAO if you think there's an easier/better way.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

It's so much easier than editing theme packages in iFile. Like the above poster said, you're already in winterboard, just pull user wallpaper up and select. Easy peasy!

But to each their own...

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Do you have to manually put the wallpaper into that User Wallpaper theme every time you want to change your wallpaper though? If not then that's obviously the easiest and fastest way to do it.

woodynorman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 26, 2011
I have only downloaded one theme for my iphone5 and that is 1derfulHD. It allows me to put user wallpaper on top and use my own.

However, when I had a 4s jailbroken, I purchased a few themes that I liked and a couple of them wouldn't show my wallpaper even if "user wallpaper" was on top in Winterboard. I was going to try redownloading those but they all say " not compatible with your device". I assume the are not updated for IOS6.

I did download another theme last night, RocketsauceHD, and it allows user wallpaper, if put on top of the others in Winterboard. Hmmmm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.