Themes won't load either from Cydia or SSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by longtallsally, Nov 21, 2010.

1. longtallsally macrumors newbie

longtallsally

I'm very new to the whole bit and looking for a bit more guidance. I just got my old iPhone 3g jb'd with Pwnage.

I was able to get a couple themes from Cydia and try them out. OK, but not great. I had loaded OpenSSH when I did the jb and also did FuGu. I can SSH into the phone with no problems whatsoever.

I found a couple themes from mbtheme.com that I liked. D/l and drag and drop. Then resprung with Winterboard. The first one worked, now none of them do except Saurik. The background will change, but none of the icons.

I tried deleting the themes from the phone with FuGu, but it won't do it.

Is there a .plist that I need to delete or something? I'm assuming I'm out of memory or like or made something angry and just need to clean up a bit.

As a note, there are no apps, games, music, videos, contacts, ANYTHING loaded, including a SIM- could that be the issue?

2. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Are the icons white after a delete?

Try a hard reset and a reboot.

If your on 4.0 you need 4.0 compatible themes. most arent

3. longtallsally thread starter macrumors newbie

longtallsally

Icons aren't all white- they "revert" to the stock ones. The wallpaper works and sometimes the lock screen works too. I think the reset is the answer. I'm on 4.1 as well. I've not really seen any documentation for any of the themes as to which iOS they work on. Am I just not looking hard enough? In addition, I also don't see where Winterboard is supported on any of them. Is there an option to WB or any way to know if a theme won't work with WB?

Also, does anyone know why Cydia is so painfully slow? I know I'm using an older processor and have been spoiled by the newer 3gs, but sheesh! It is SAlooooooooowwww...

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

To speed cydia up you need your changes file to be deleted and have cydia start one over so it doesnt load that long ass list every time.
    try googling make cydia faster, i dont remember how.

5. longtallsally thread starter macrumors newbie

longtallsally

Right on. Will do.

Sorry, I need to get in the habit of using oogly googly more for this forum- in most of the automotive forums I'm on, you just search that forum before asking dumb questions... Thanks for the heads up! (or slap upside the head for logic, as it were :) )

Speaking of which, I'll do the same now for the theme issues and see what I can drum up...