Theming Lockscreen Camera Icon in iOS 5.1.1?

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I recently updated to the new 5.1.1 jailbreak and want to theme my lockscreen camera icon. Does anyone know the name/location of the image file?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I recently updated to the new 5.1.1 jailbreak and want to theme my lockscreen camera icon. Does anyone know the name/location of the image file?
Try this, I just saw it at mmi:

http://modmyi.com/forums/skinning-themes-discussion/806254-ui-changes-5-1-a.html

CameraGrabber~iphone.png = 30 x 52 px
CameraGrabber@2x~iphone.png = 60 x 104 px

goes in:

Winterboard

Your.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard

Manually

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Found that post from someone over @ macthemes.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
Thanks, works perfectly! Made myself a quick icon for testing. Not sure if i'm going to keep it this way but it looks much better than the stock image (I'm happy to share the png file if anyone wants it).

Beautiful set up! I like the look of the stock camera app icon, but haven't had the time. Either way nice lockscreen !

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks, works perfectly! Made myself a quick icon for testing. Not sure if i'm going to keep it this way but it looks much better than the stock image (I'm happy to share the png file if anyone wants it).

I like how it matches your slider.

SeedAter

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2011
Do you have any idea how to change the springboard camera icon, inc the photo album?

my theme used to work on 5.0.1

Thanks

nvm
I got it

Last edited:

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2011
Anyone know of a tweak that locks or disables access to the camera roll from the 'camera grabber' icon on the LS?

I don't like how anyone can access your pictures/camera roll from the lock screen without an option to lock or disable it. Stupid :apple:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
New to themes or even manually changing icons.. How would one change the ls cam? Change the icon name and reboot?

wassabi987

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2011

Plz share EVERYTHING, awesome Job man

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
so only way to theme camera icon on lockscreen I could find is by using camera grabber for ios 5. However, the developer pulled it out from cydia, so I could not find it. If you still have camera grabber, could you please send deb file to me @ <email removed by request> ?? Thank you
You don't need the camera grabber tweak, just put your themed png in com.apple.springboard and name it CameraGrabber@2x~iphone.png

Last edited by a moderator: