iPhone Theming music controls pro help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eclipse538, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Eclipse538 macrumors regular

I would like to know where the graphic files are kept for Music Comtrols Pro - i have a custom switcher and folder background so MCP pull down doesnt match when i activate switcher. Any help would be great!

Next step is emailing the dev

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Which MCP are you using? In the versions before iOS 6, there was a toggle under Task Controls for "Old Background". That one actually drew from your folder switcher background image, so it was pretty easily themed just by changing the folder switcher linen file, clearing the cache if needed, respringing & toggling that switch.

But--that function isn't present in MCP 6+. I haven't yet found how to theme the background of the new one (admittedly, I'm pretty used to the translucent drop down now and haven't looked that hard).

You can get a list of all files installed and their locations with a given tweak via AppInfo (from Cydia). If he's not simply repurposing an existing UI image, it should be in that list. I'll dig around a bit more too and see if I can find it.

3. Eclipse538, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013

Eclipse538 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help! Ill be lookong into this today!!

Was able to find out it used system files in springboard.app, rename the linen backgrounds with a 1 at the end and it became dependent on my winterboard theme - "folderswitcherbg~iphone.png" is the file, so i actually went in with the appropriate file and renamed it to this file name and now my switcher and mcpro look boss!

Attached Files:

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen