Theory: That Small Display Is a Key to a Revolutionary Apple Keyboard.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by appleguy123, Jul 9, 2010.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Imagine a keyboard with several of those multitouch displays instead of keys. They could be mappable via software for instant language switching, act as widgets, and give you multitouch gestures (recognizing the number of fingers that touch the keys and how they move).
    If Apple could keep this keyboard under $300 and release an SDK, I would be in line on day one to buy ti for my Mac.
    What else would you want from this keyboard, or do you think that this display is for something else entirely?
    I know that there is a keyboard close to this that uses non-touchscreen oled's, but I have forgotten the name of it.

2. avit macrumors regular

avit

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I first thought about this but 3cm x 3cm is twice as big as current keys are so the KB would be huge.

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I see what you mean. Maybe each display acts as a square of 4 keys and which corner you touch acts as that key. It would be close to the size of the normal keyboards.

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Maybe an extension to the keyboard so people stop whining about no PageDwn/Up/Home/End keys.

6. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

if they were to do that i think they would just make it one big screen with a keyboard on it instead of multiple screens, much more cost efficient and easier to make

7. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Seems a bit too flashy for an Apple product. They tend to keep devices and peripherals understated.

8. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

People want tactile feedback to their desktop keyboards. Not looking at the is a necessity to many people.