Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilvenom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
I've been using the enclosed black cloth to clean my screen daily, and last night i noticed there was a little speck on the lower part of my screen that wouldn't come off no matter how hard i rubbed. there was also another one off to the side of the screen, where the chrome meets the screen. i don't want to rub too hard to get it off for fear of damaging the screen, but is there any cleaning method besides using the lint free cloth (and using it when moist to wipe)? i want to see if the specks are scratches on the screen or just really nasty dirt. i suspect it's a scratch but i can't be certain.

i'll try and take some pics to show you guys.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Its optical grade glass, VERY hard to scratch. I use a damp towel and it works fine. The specks you have may be a dried on fluid of sorts. (that sound gross, LOL) Try a damp cloth instead.

lilvenom

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Its optical grade glass, VERY hard to scratch. I use a damp towel and it works fine. The specks you have may be a dried on fluid of sorts. (that sound gross, LOL) Try a damp cloth instead.

just tried that... didn't work. looks like it's some sort of tiny scratch on the phone- like maybe something hit it while it was in my pocket. i dont know. i guess i'll just wait to see if it gets worse or if it happens anywhere else. otherwise, i can live with just this one speck. it's only visible at certain angles if you look for it

brwnbooger

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
tree sap is the toughest

specs of tree sap or (tree sperm) can land on your phone when using during windy conditions and near a maple... took me some time and effort to rub some off last week.

just keep rubbing... try using your nail gently with or without the cloth, remember it's hard to scratch and most likely isn't a scratch. good luck:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.