There is a new penryn refurb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kockgunner, May 9, 2008.

1. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

I don't know if this warrants a new thread but there are penryn macbook pros on the refurb page. where are the airs though!?!?

Attached Files:

2. HastaLaVista macrumors member

The reason I believe this is because I just ordered my non-Penryn refurb, and it is on a Fedex truck 1/2 way across the country now.

Had I just waited a few days. . .

3. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

haha. can you return the santa rosa and get a penryn refurb if you didn't open it? what are you gonna do?

4. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

I am guessing that these are the ones people purchased that had all the screen problems, etc. Therefore, am I correct in assuming that you may be safer purchasing one of these because they have been carefully scrutinized?

5. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

refurb mbp have always been 100$ less than the student discount, yet these are the same price.

hmmm.

odd

6. kockgunner thread starter macrumors 68000

kockgunner

really? note that these the screenshot i posted are of the canadian refurb store if that makes a difference. these refurbs are $300 cheaper than the new ones while the student discount gives you $200 off.

7. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

The price comes out to about identical to what I paid for my brand new Penryn a month back from Macmall ($1820 inc rebate, no tax/shipping) vs. this + tax.

Just saying.

8. HastaLaVista macrumors member

There's a $50 difference between the Penryn and mine, however, if I returned it, I'd eat that in shipping (back to CA).

I'm not sure I can return a refurb though, I thought that was one of the disclaimers.

9. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

There are quite a few penryn refurbs in the UK store too:

2.1GHz and 2.4GHz Macbooks, and 2.5Ghz 15" and 17" MBP's

10. akm3 macrumors 68020

Having refurbs already supports the idea that the Penryn re-fresh was a stop gap forced by Intel and that 'new' Macbook and Macbook Pro's may arrive in June like some of the rumors say.

11. burningrave101 macrumors 6502

12. yaddam205 macrumors member

Ditto. I'm ready to pounce now but I can wait till June if nothing in June then I will just hate myself for a month lol.

13. PowerBookRelic macrumors 6502

Just to note that the OP said the prices on his attachment are in Canadian. But you are right about the tax savings. Does anyone know if when they do the deal where you get an iPod with your computer (back to school) if this carries over to the refurbs as well?