"There is a problem with your iphone" Itunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sam123456, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Sam123456 macrumors newbie

This has probaly been asked 100s of time but I can't find a fix.
    Second hand phone reported with a fault can't connect to itunes, seller made a factory reset, now I require itunes to start it back up, I'm unable to. Its a Iphone 4 16gb.
    Connect the iphone to the PC and it charges. Doesn't now show in my computer I'm sure it did before, but maybe that was before installing itunes..
    I've tried holding down top and home button and a restore, this fails with an error code 23 I think. Now I had to run the iphone in dfu mode and restore it that way to get back where i was (the screen where you choose launguage/country).
    Tried multiple times, with sim card in and out, different battery, different usb ports etc. Also gone on device manager onto the iphone and tried updating usb driver but says its up to date.

Itunes when it first starts a tab pops up recognising its a iphone 16gb, the iphone icon appears next to the music/tv tab. Put main page shows a message saying i have a problem.

Seems like the recovery mode messes up, but then can be recovered back to normal.

So i think itunes must be able to see an actual issue with my phone. But what?
    I read the 23 error could be to do with radio signal?? I have a second iphone in parts so I can change parts over if needs be.

Thanks

2. Sam123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

Swapped motherboards over and it works. Doesn't narrow it down by much I know but still..

3. Sam123456 thread starter macrumors newbie

On a previous iphone I had the set up was done through wi-fi and didnt have to go near itunes. Is it normal for the iphone to ask to be plugged into itunes?

4. Sam123456 thread starter macrumors newbie