There is a "search" function?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by stevenpa, Jul 24, 2011.

1. stevenpa macrumors 6502

I just joined this forum recently to get some info on picking up a new mac, and it has provided lots of useful information. One thing that concerns me is that a large number of the posters posting here, do not even use the search function on this forum and post the same questions again and again. It's fine to post a new topic if the older thread is a bit outdated but some of these threads are posting with the same thread slightly lower on the page. Also half these posters just demand more information or say they don't like the suggestions provided.

What do people expect these days and how hard is it to use the search button?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The funny part is that you just did exactly what you were ranting about. This has been discussed to death already. Yes, people could use the search function, but no matter how many times people say that, there will always be new members posting repeated questions.

3. stevenpa thread starter macrumors 6502

I did a few quick searches and didn't find anything in the first few pages, figures thought. And to post something when the same thread is two posts under is inexcusable.