There is no application specified to open the document....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by confuzdappleguy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. confuzdappleguy macrumors newbie

Hello mac users :apple:

I need help with a problem i am having.
    when ever I try to open this document (withdrawals-1.do) a window pops up saying There is no application specified to open the document. I have read that nome people download something about a sitt or something like that but I am not exactly sure about the situation. Can anyone help me it is a very important file that i need for my job and i need it today.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That is a Windows-based file type. It doesn't run on a Mac.

One other possibility is that it is a Web-based Java program run by a Web server. Still, it wouldn't be something you would run on your Mac.

3. confuzdappleguy thread starter macrumors newbie

I wouldnt know to tell you the truth all I know is the name of the document and the message it gives me

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Where did you get the file and how do you know you need it, if you don't know what it is?

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not sure what type of file it is but you can try right clicking on the file, choose open with and see if the OS offers any programs on your computer to open it.

Attached Files:

6. confuzdappleguy thread starter macrumors newbie

well i got it from my account on tsp.gov and it should be son info on my job and my account info but when it downloads it pops up in the download section and it has the message there.

7. confuzdappleguy thread starter macrumors newbie

hey rdowns i tried to right click but it didnt do anything no window poped up or anything