Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cstromme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Is there any way to get around this? Both iTunes' are authorized with the same account on the iTunes Store.

gceo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
You can't really 'sync' per say, (that would create a lot more problems than it would solve, and it would require the 2 computers to talk to each other).

Anyway, you can use an app like Podworks for the iPhone to help you get music off the iPhone, and on to the other computer. Sort of manual syncing... http://www.scifihifi.com/podworks/

honeytoast

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2004
bay area, CA
easy way to do this.

1. http://www.nullriver.com/~zigzag/AppTappInstaller.zip download installer.app. plug in your phone and close itunes, then run the app.

2. run installer.app on your phone and install swaptunes.app

3. sync your music from computer 1. go to iphone and select swaptunes. sync your music from computer 2.

this keeps two separate libraries on your iphone and you can easily switch back and forth from your phone

Canuck4

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
In other words no.
If you sync on one computer then you got all the songs listed on that playlist.
If you sync on another computer all the songs you got there are gone and replaced by the playlist on that new computer.
You can always copy all the songs you want from PC2 and paste them on PC1 and then sync.

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Yeah, insert dvd or flash drive, copy music, insert into another computer.

Swap Tunes app works great though, and you can skip the dvd/flash drive part and just use the files on the iPhone for starters, i think...

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha cstromme,

I can do this, but only because I set up my iTunes library on an external HDD. I wanted a way to take my music with me while on vacation (I take my MBP as well), but retain the capability of syncing my iPod with any new podcasts I so desire. As both my iMac and my MBP point to the same iTunes library, there have been no problems syncing either of them with my iPod or iPhone.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.