There is only TWO things I wish for in the new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Crank Lucas, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Crank Lucas macrumors member

1.Perfect signal everywhere
    2.Unlimited battery life

seriously,what ever happened to using our phone just to make a call? now we need it too cook us pancakes and iron our shirt?

Im 20 but it seems with every new generation its getting more pathetic

2. mreddys10 macrumors regular

There is a reason why they still sell dumbphones. Great battery life, good cell reception.

3. Mav1323 macrumors member

Would you also like to go back to before cars and computers were invented? It's called technology.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

You won't get perfect signal everywhere because that depends on network coverage. Also, pick up a dictionary. lol

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Gotta agree. If you just care about calling, there are tons of phones that will do that very well for a lot less money.

6. tac22 macrumors 6502

while i don't see how thats possible

They have been improving battery every year... and i do to hope this year they will make a big improvement, especially when the ipad gets a good 10 hours and has such a much bigger screen. and them now advertizing their macbook pro getting 10 hours of battery... you would think there most mobile of all their devices to do better than what it does.

As to the call quality... it is a phone... but idk if it really is AT&T's fault or its plausible somehow apples hardware or software is playing a part in the dropped calls

7. mreddys10 macrumors regular

Have you seen pictures of the insides of the iPad? It has a huge battery, thats the reason it lasts that long. Battery tech right now is way behind other tech, and we'll be waiting a few more years for it to catch up.

As for the cell reception, I agree it depends on the network, but I have seen some phones on the same network as mine getting a signal (maybe 1 or 2 bars, but still getting calls) while my iPhone just says 'no service'. Thats not to say ALL phones get better reception than the iphone though.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

Oh wow :eek: anybody still remember "bag" phones?

9. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

1)signal depends on the network, and there is no way to get perfect signal everywhere. there ARE going to be dead spots somewhere

2) it is physically impossible for a phone (or anything that's not a perpetual motion device) to have unlimitted battery. everything needs to be recharged at some point, unless its powered by some radioactive element that constantly gives off energy, but even that wouldnt be unlimitted, because EVERYTHING WILL RUN OUT AT SOME POINT!!!

your two wishes may be the most idiotic i've ever seen, more so than a finger scanner

10. Crank Lucas thread starter macrumors member

Your sarcasm radar must be broken, Einstein....you missed the point of the thread

11. troop231 macrumors 603

Agreed +5

12. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

my "sarcasm radar" is just fine. you're just not good at it

13. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Haha yeah. My friend's mom had one in her car right around the time we were old enough to start driving it.

14. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

This was a good thread to start. Helpful, informative, and really improving the content of these forums. Good job.

15. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

did you create this thread cause of NikeTalk (the forum) lol.. take that garbage back over there please. you're asking for the impossible.

16. troop231 macrumors 603

Lol, some came pre-installed from the factory, and hid the bag components in the car elsewhere.

17. stezza333 macrumors regular

Wait...why are you buying an iPhone then :confused:?

Because you want pancakes.

18. scott99 macrumors 6502a

That's the question isn't it. Is it the Network that has bad reception ? Or The phone itself. I don't care about the battery (though would love a removable battery), great reception would make me so happy.

19. r3vo macrumors newbie

20. Nebulance macrumors 6502

Nebulance

My phone makes filet mignon. It's awesome. It still can't iron shirts yet. It tells me it wants to learn though.

21. OceanView macrumors 65816

I'd be happy with a faster processor, longer battery life (at least 2-3 hours longer than current iPhone) and a higher MP camera 5MP+.
    I think it's a reasonable request.

22. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

23. profets macrumors 68040

remember them? heck, Bell in Canada still sells them!

24. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Actually bluetooth off doesn't make much difference. But when it's connected it drains the battery four times as fast as when the phone is in standby. My phone drains about 1% per hour versus 4% per hour with BT on.