Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crank Lucas

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
1.Perfect signal everywhere
2.Unlimited battery life

seriously,what ever happened to using our phone just to make a call? now we need it too cook us pancakes and iron our shirt?

Im 20 but it seems with every new generation its getting more pathetic

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
There is a reason why they still sell dumbphones. Great battery life, good cell reception.

Mav1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Would you also like to go back to before cars and computers were invented? It's called technology.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
You won't get perfect signal everywhere because that depends on network coverage. Also, pick up a dictionary. lol

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
while i don't see how thats possible

They have been improving battery every year... and i do to hope this year they will make a big improvement, especially when the ipad gets a good 10 hours and has such a much bigger screen. and them now advertizing their macbook pro getting 10 hours of battery... you would think there most mobile of all their devices to do better than what it does.

As to the call quality... it is a phone... but idk if it really is AT&T's fault or its plausible somehow apples hardware or software is playing a part in the dropped calls

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Have you seen pictures of the insides of the iPad? It has a huge battery, thats the reason it lasts that long. Battery tech right now is way behind other tech, and we'll be waiting a few more years for it to catch up.

As for the cell reception, I agree it depends on the network, but I have seen some phones on the same network as mine getting a signal (maybe 1 or 2 bars, but still getting calls) while my iPhone just says 'no service'. Thats not to say ALL phones get better reception than the iphone though.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
old-cell-phones-get-cingular-fee.jpg

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
1)signal depends on the network, and there is no way to get perfect signal everywhere. there ARE going to be dead spots somewhere

2) it is physically impossible for a phone (or anything that's not a perpetual motion device) to have unlimitted battery. everything needs to be recharged at some point, unless its powered by some radioactive element that constantly gives off energy, but even that wouldnt be unlimitted, because EVERYTHING WILL RUN OUT AT SOME POINT!!!

your two wishes may be the most idiotic i've ever seen, more so than a finger scanner

Crank Lucas

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
1)signal depends on the network, and there is no way to get perfect signal everywhere. there ARE going to be dead spots somewhere

2) it is physically impossible for a phone (or anything that's not a perpetual motion device) to have unlimitted battery. everything needs to be recharged at some point, unless its powered by some radioactive element that constantly gives off energy, but even that wouldnt be unlimitted, because EVERYTHING WILL RUN OUT AT SOME POINT!!!

your two wishes may be the most idiotic i've ever seen, more so than a finger scanner

Your sarcasm radar must be broken, Einstein....you missed the point of the thread

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010

Agreed +5

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
2.Unlimited battery life

seriously,what ever happened to using our phone just to make a call? now we need it too cook us pancakes and iron our shirt?

did you create this thread cause of NikeTalk (the forum) lol.. take that garbage back over there please. you're asking for the impossible.

stezza333

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
2.Unlimited battery life

Wait...why are you buying an iPhone then :confused:?

Because you want pancakes.

scott99

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2007
That's the question isn't it. Is it the Network that has bad reception ? Or The phone itself. I don't care about the battery (though would love a removable battery), great reception would make me so happy.

Nebulance

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010

My phone makes filet mignon. It's awesome. It still can't iron shirts yet. It tells me it wants to learn though.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
I'd be happy with a faster processor, longer battery life (at least 2-3 hours longer than current iPhone) and a higher MP camera 5MP+.
I think it's a reasonable request.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Battery life is longer with bluetooth off.

Actually bluetooth off doesn't make much difference. But when it's connected it drains the battery four times as fast as when the phone is in standby. My phone drains about 1% per hour versus 4% per hour with BT on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.