There really ought to be a "Hey Siri, I'm driving to..." feature

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ehfz, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ehfz macrumors member

Jul 24, 2013
    When I'm driving on my daily commute, I don't want to have turn by turn navigations interrupting my podcasts, but I would like to know if there's a major traffic problem that I could avoid. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a mode in navigation for this purpose? I would like to be driving and say "Hey Siri, I'm driving home" and have it monitor that route in the background and only give me active notifications if there's something I should know about. Wouldn't that be grand? Anyone else agree?
  2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Dec 12, 2002
    Waze has a "notifications only" audio mode, where it doesn't give you turn-by-turn, just the big stuff. But I don't think Apple Maps can.
  3. campyguy macrumors 68040

Mar 21, 2014
    Portland / Seattle
    I agree, but I've moved on. Both Google/Waze and Apple use the same (crappy) traffic data supplier here in the US - Sigalert. I'm in the Portland OR area and find Seattle/Tacoma "accidents" and "incidents" reported here every day, and have been reporting them to Apple/Google/Sigalert to no avail.

I've been using a free app by INRIX that does have traffic alerts for nearby and routed incidents. No issues since - I get routed around the Sigalert-supplied sheep in my area every day now.