There should be a double space, question mark

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoganT, Mar 6, 2009.

1. LoganT macrumors 68020

It just seems so obvious to me. Right now you can hit double space and that puts in a period, that's cool. I don't see why they couldn't do that for a question. What, where, who, and why are almost always going to be a question. So the iPhone would look at the first word of the sentence and if it's a word that leads to a question it would put a question mark. It seems like a nice little feature.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That would be a nice new feature. You should submit it to Apple.

3. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

That would be kinda cool, but there are declarative sentences that start with those words ("what goes up, must come down.") and some questions that don't ("do questions usually start with those words?"). Might cause people too much frustration, and Apple seems to try pretty hard to avoid that.

4. pavvento macrumors 6502

I second this idea.

I'd also like to see it do a better job with the dictionary. I think it should be able to analyze multiple words. For example, if I type in las vegas, separately they are lower case, but combined it is a proper noun, Las Vegas. I'm sure they have the technology to do something like this.

Is it necessary? absolutely not, but it would make typing quickly, and accurately, a little easier.

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

I like the idea it can't be anymore annoying than auto correct. As long as I can turn it off I support it.

6. The Governor macrumors regular

I literally just laughed out loud. Well played sir. Well played