There should be a separate Macbook Air forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MacduffHeir, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MacduffHeir macrumors newbie

It is at least as radical of a departure from the standard Mac laptop as the iPod touch is from the standard iPod.

Separating the groups might also reduce the building hostility between Air aficionados and disappointed Pro-fans.

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Serious response:

I think it should go in the forum all the other Apple laptops go into. There isn't anything particularly different about the Air that requires a separate forum from the Pro, the regular, the Powerbook, or the iBook.

3. island macrumors 6502

island

Maybe it's best to take a break from here to let everyone stop complaining about the Air.

I guess everyone who buys BMW and Audi's are stupid too because they could buy Hondas and Toyotas for so much cheaper that do the same thing...

4. Osprey macrumors 6502

I am not complaining about the macbook air and I think some will really like it, but I do think that it is part of the macbook line up and should stay in this forum. Besides I look forward to hearing from people who actually purchase it and use it.

5. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

Sheesh it just came out today. Nobody even has it yet so all we can say about it is how good or bad it is. Give them some time, there will be one soon...

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think overall it would be a bad idea to separate the MBA from the regular notebooks. It is lighter and lacks an optical drive, but other than that, it isn't a "new product" in the way the iPhone was, and isn't a great departure like the iPod touch (which has several features regular iPods don't; the MBA merely lacks features, it doesn't really add new ones [with the exception of the multi-touch trackpad, which might make its way into the regular notebooks in the coming year]).

7. lokicat macrumors newbie

There already is a new forum for the MBA:

http://macbookairforum.com/

Everyone either seems to love it or hate it; it doesn't seem like putting the MBA in it's own forum has done anything to quell the debate.

8. tefleming macrumors 6502

cue the Mitch Hedberg: they loved it or they hated it ... or they thought it was okay

9. 119576 Guest

I agree that there should be a separate forum. I'd like to be able to block it in ForumSpy. :)