"There was a problem connecting to server" Error

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by PaulRulesTheWld, Sep 19, 2013.

1. PaulRulesTheWld macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I keep getting this error every 15 minutes or so. I used to have a drive on my network and now I keep getting this. How do I make it go away? I have also attached a picture of the error, Any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

Attached Files:

2. triviageek macrumors newbie

Same problem with non-existent drive.

I'm having the same problem with an old Mybookworld. Anyone know where we can go to remove these old references? I started to see the error in Mavericks today after upgrading. I noticed I didn't see the error till I went to the screensaver preferences, so I'm guessing that somewhere there is an old screensaver with that path?

3. tuckerdogavl macrumors newbie

tuckerdogavl

I have a USER account that cannot access App Store or use iCloud. If I logon to USER2 or USER3, and I have created them as admins and as standards to test (and they are now all admins) I have no problem with iCloud or App Store. Can sign in, download, check purchases, etc. And I have used the iPad to verify the MacMini (where all this is happening). But if I try to use USER1 and go to App Store or enter my iCloud information, I get "there is an error connecting to the server." Any suggestions? I've spent about 7 hrs over two days so far. It's not that big deal, I guess, except maybe syncing calendars and mail and getting apps, but the apps are available via the other sources. Just would like it fixed.

I deleted Library/cache files specific to the com.apple/appstore (may not be the actual file name) and I also even created a new APPLE ID. That also works on USER2 and USER3, but not USER1. So, I deleted the info and have gone back to everything now set up as it was/were? :) was. !