There was an error in iCloud preferences.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gw0gvq, Mar 23, 2016.

1. gw0gvq Contributor

gw0gvq

Whenever I Boot up my MBP I get that I can't use iCloud unless I input my password of my apple id. Whenever I go to cloud in the system preferences then, to put my password in , I click the cloud Icon and get There was an error in iCloud preferences. Error Message , since updating to iOS 9.3 my iPhone also wants me to ut my password in but after trying to Activate it refuses to accept it. all my other  devices that are listed in my signature below also, recent my password . I have tried changing it but all devices have the same reaction, yet, I have tried in the app store and it accepts it , . I wonder if someone can help. I restored both systems yet my map would only internet recover not recover with ⌘ R which leads me to wonder if my hard drive is on its way out, but, that doesn't explain me not being able to sign in to the cloud. I can't even sign into iCloud website, yet, I can on my Chromebook.

2. Jozone macrumors 6502

Seems to be a major uptick in authentication issues this week as a result of recent updates -- I would hold tight for a week before doing anything too drastic. I am personally experiencing issues activating iMessage/Facetime on my MBP (out of nowhere).

3. gw0gvq thread starter Contributor

gw0gvq

es thanks I'm going to , I'm hoping the'll release another update , but hoping that's ok ;-) I think the last couple of years they been releasing updates far to soon to coincide with trying to sync the mac and iPhone .