Resolved There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (4)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BerGaur, Dec 26, 2011.

1. BerGaur macrumors regular

BerGaur

I was trying to download an App from the Mac OS X App Store. When I put in my password and clicked Sign In, instead of downloading and installing the application this message came up:

There was an error in the App Store. Please try again later. (4)

Luckily I have more than one Apple ID, so I just deleted my email address from the left text field and put in my other email address, put in my password or that one and clicked Sign In again. It worked fine.

So for anyone who is better at computers than me, you could probably find the underlying problem for this. Because this tells me that the problem is with the account and not the app store, maybe wrong info somewhere or something.

2. mainstay macrumors 6502

mainstay

maybe related, maybe not... but I couldn't redeem itunes gift cards this morning either (December 25, 8:00 am to ~ 1:00 pm PST).

I received a fairly wide range of errors including network issues (there wasn't) to account errors (there wasn't) and finally a very generic "there was an error with the Apple Store"...

It cleared up on their end and the cards were redeemed, but a bit frustrating nonetheless.