there was no reason to wait till 3 am! U can still buy them today - iPhone 6.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cub4bearin, Sep 12, 2014.

1. cub4bearin macrumors member

SO I just checked and it works smooth without any glitches.. Sure it is only iPhone 6 and not the PLUS.. but U can order and have it delivered on 9/19. If I knew, I would be all rested and happy now.. what a FAIL on my part. lol. :D

fought with apple website and app till 4 am! sigh

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Some of us wanted the 6+. That's been sold out for hours now.

3. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

If you wanted a Plus in a timely fashion you HAD to get up early. AT&T's Premier site is showing November/Thanksgiving time for iPhone 6+'s now. Glad I woke up early and got my order in to Apple.

4. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

girlfriend said she walked into the local apple store on her lunch break today and bought an iPhone 6 in white, 64GB without issue. 6 Plus was OOS in every config though

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

The only iPhone 6 showing a later delivery on the apple store app is the 16GB white ATT.

6. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i wonder if the 6 will end up being the new "5C" if you catch my drift lol

7. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

That's seeming to be the case. Either there is a MASSIVE demand, bigger than thought for a giant phone or supplies for the plus are severely constrained.

I guess we will find out!

8. casmith07 macrumors member

It's the stock.

Considering this preorder broke sales records, and considering all of the fairly substantiated rumors of production issues, I would be willing to bet it's the supply.

Kudos to them having a ton of iPhone 6 supply, though. Still think they should've just split the difference at 5" on one device, but choice is always better for consumers.

9. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

but how would they price it?

they were smart by creating two models, then pricing the larger model more expensive by $100. i highly doubt the larger one was $100 more expensive to make - the profit margin on the 6 Plus must be wonderful (wonderful time to be a shareholder too hehehe)

10. rritterson macrumors 6502

We'll have to see, but I don't think so. This is just preorders on day one so far, which is composed of people who:
    -haven't seen the phones in person yet
    -are so into iphone they will get up at 3am and fight to be one of the first to order

Both of those things tend toward 6+ purchases. I think more people who walk in and try them both out will buy an 6 over a 6+ due to the size.

11. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

There's a poll on the site that asks which phone you bought and it has about 200 or so votes and it's pretty close to 50-50 6 vs 6 Plus

Of course that's far from scientific, but I'm pretty convinced that the supply of the Plus is severely constrained. After all, there were numerous about the 5.5 launching later and having issues.

I think they may be almost as hard to come by on launch day as the gold 5S was.