There's a Humble Bundle

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by poena, Apr 12, 2011.

1. poena, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

poena macrumors newbie

There's a new bundle filled with great games for Mac. Go get yours for the price of your choosing.

www.humblebundle.com

2. mehanika, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

4. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

I spent a penny, woo.

Just kidding, but it was funny to see that it would let you set the price so low.

5. 256bit macrumors member

Impressive

I'm very impressed with all this, but I really would have no time to play these games if I bought them (spending too much time on the macrumors forums).

Still, it's interesting to see that they've received over $300,000 already, and from < 60,000 people no less! Keep in mind this is including the people who've only spent a penny on the bundle - watch the counters go up, you'd be surprised.

6. Inara macrumors member

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Now that's smart, I was inches from buying Shadowground during Steam's christmas sale thing and I already own Trine.

This is cool and such.

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

$500,000 today, from 98,000 people. Interesting to see the Linux users are paying more!

9. Tonepoet, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011

Tonepoet macrumors regular

Linux gamers save money on the cost of their O.S. don't even see as much as Mac players and are often even more hellbent against DRM thanI am so it'd make sense that they'd pay a premium.

As for me, I might be part of the reason prices for the other platforms are being kept down. I usually buy tons of these via the gift link checkbox you'll find on the bottom for pennies, to pass around to friends who might be otherwise reluctant to buy later, being sure to mention that it was in part a charity drive to Child's Play and the Electronic Freedom Foundation, as I'm sure those two organizations will be accepting donations year round for people who might be motivated to do so after-the-fact .I've gotten pretty good at getting past the please gimme a dollar guilt pic though: you just have to enter your other information first, then the amount of the donation, then click the checkout button before the image loads.

However, I also generally still feel a bit bad about the transaction fees they must be payin' since I think paypal charges them something like 55c per transaction and I scarcely end up giving any of them away at all. , I'm sure they must be expecting this by now and should've been expecting something like it to begin with anyway and I do pay what I feel my own copy is worth though, which should counterbalance that to a degree and I believe the potential's actually an intregal part of the deal's ever so valuable appeal.

Also is it just me, or is a total retail value of $50 a lesser suggested retail value than the two prior bundles?

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Got mine yesterday for $1 :D

I've been waiting to try out Trine and this is perfect.

11. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Humble Bundle V is live. Get it while you can!

http://www.humblebundle.com/

B

12. laetusviator macrumors member

laetusviator

Humble Bundle V is really good this time (well, as always I suppose! humble bundles are usually great).

I was really surprised by LIMBO - didn't expect to like it, but it is a great combination of puzzle, platforming, & spooky atmosphere.