There's no way to identify the playlist if a song is playing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by booyahbooyah, Jan 7, 2012.

1. booyahbooyah macrumors regular

Apparently, there's no way to identify the playlist if a song is playing...

True, a song could belong to multiple playlists, but still. If I have lots of playlists, and I start playing one of them... then browse around the other playlists, and want to get back to the original playlist I started playing from, there's apparently no way to figure out which one that was (simply from whatever song is currently playing).

Weird.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Why does it even matter? To change the playlist you're listening to you still have to go into the music app.

3. kaydot macrumors regular

I noticed this too. It's a pretty common use case to be interested in the song you're playing, surf around for other similar songs, yet want to come back to the original context (i.e. playlist) in which the song is playing.

I *think* that the playlist context will return on the next song (i.e. when the ipod starts playing the next song in the playlist). I'm not sure about that.

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

What's wrong with: right-click on the song -> show in playlist? :confused: That works for me.

5. LateOne macrumors newbie

Isn't this as simple as Menu - Controls - Display Current Song ( or CMD - L ) ?

It takes you back to the current playing song, within the playlist from which it is being played .

6. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

CMD + L on ipod touch :confused:

7. booyahbooyah thread starter macrumors regular

miles-whatever, I see you replying with illogical garbage to a lot of my posts -- back off please.