Theres not going to be a macbook Pro update is there? :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dan0903, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Dan0903 macrumors member

ive waited 3 months, and my gut says if anything is to be said after randy newman it will be goodbye.

£950 for an inferior (albeit sexy) laptop?, jog on .

*hopes gut feeling is wrong*

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I would not be surprised to see Apple launch a refreshed MacBook Pro next Tuesday, after the MacBook Air has had a week in the sun.

3. benpatient macrumors 68000

4. brokenlighter macrumors member

No the MBA is not using penryn.

I think I am going to order the MBP 2.4 right now.

I am tired of waiting.

5. Dan0903 thread starter macrumors member

anyone reckon this could be a marketing ploy by apple?

>Potential MPB buyers, having waited for days/weeks/months await Macworld for an update so they buy macbook pro

>Macbook pro update not shown.

>sick of waiting and seeing no possible update on the horizon (no future events soon are there?) decide to go ahead and buy MBP.

>apple shift many units of now obsolete MBP's, after target sale is reached, apple quietly roll out the update on its site ala MacPro.

6. akadmon macrumors 68010

Looks like I will be buying an old intel Mini to tie my daughter over while we're waiting for the new MBP (her old PC's shot). Will $100 get me something she can use for surfing and iTunes?

7. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

No -- you are WAY off. Apple is selling the MBP's like HOTCAKES.

They do not have a Backlog of "Obsolete" stuff.

You judgement is in error.

Just One Month Ago, PCWORLD rated the MBP 17 a BEST BUY among Windows PC Laptops. Apple's sales are up 40% this past year. What do you think people are buying? Hint: it's NOT Mac Minis, or Mac Pros.

It's iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros.

You will wait a long time for significant update.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,123729-page,1-c,notebooks/article.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135062-page,1-c,notebooks/article.html

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html

8. DragonRomeo macrumors newbie

Sadly... Apple is still a business.

But, then again, Steve Jobs understands the customer before he understands the product (eg. iphone price change ~> itunes "gift card" / AppleTV ~> Apple TV Take 2 w/ a $70 price drop)

And I would like to believe he's not in it to lose customers as the frustration would cause a rush to Apple stores like... a scene from 300.

Like a good business man, Steve Jobs understands loyalty over market share... didn't he take the job without a confirmed salary?

9. Dan0903 thread starter macrumors member

chill, twas just a theory.

and the MBP sells well because yes, it is a great model, however, its long been overdue an update.

Like most people on here, i dont think we can expect anything too massive (not like a redesign).

but it makes good business sense to get 'rid' of as many soon to be 'out of date' macbookpros before bringing new ones in?

Hence why i THINK, they have pushed the penryn model back a few weeks.
    To highlight the MBA at macworld, and also make many waiting Mac owners shell out now for their MPB's.