There's probably only one new model...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kdarling, May 1, 2008.

1. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I just realized what must be happening:

There are a LOT of new WM phones coming soon, most with 2.8" screens. Some of these would be made in factories near to, or even by the same company as, the one(s) making the iPhone.

So if a vague Far East spy report is about a new, touchscreen, glossy, 2.8" device being made, it's almost certainly NOT about the iPhone, but some other smartphone.

This makes much more sense than some of the other speculation about Apple dropping the screen size and/or going all plastic.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Except I'm pretty sure these reports specifically say that Apple is the company placing the order.

3. kdarling thread starter macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I don't think they're reported together, except by columnists mashing stuff.

There are reports of how many 3G iPhones will be made, and about the order for them.

Then there are lots of conflicting reports about size, shape, keyboard, etc... all of which points at simply several new phones being made, Apple and others.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Makes sense.
    As it wouldn't make sense for Apple to reduce screen size or go all plastic.
    Steve always talks about the big beautiful screen and the "green" qualities of aluminum casing.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

The plastic thing is probably just saving effort when prototyping. As for the screen - we haven't heard that there is a massive batch of them, so it could be rumour. Hard to tell at this point. But with the rate of rumours coming in, I imagine it'll be clearer by June