There's too many... Which black case to choose for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by M0esmac, Oct 5, 2012.

1. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Hi guys,
    It just got messed in my head when I started to search for a case... Can you help for me?

I want black case with big lip on to the screen. The thing is I don't need protection that much with lay on the table, but It just looks awesome IMO & I'm not fan of snap on the back cases.
    I would love if it would just one colour, no glossy + matt finish. Matt preferably.
    It also should work with screen protectors.

Thank you!

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

3. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

Nonononononononononono.

4. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

5. docprego macrumors 65816

Although the Diztronic is described as matte in reality only the rear is matte. The front covering the bezel is glossy black.

In addition this case has some drawbacks that people should be aware of;

1. I had this case on my Sprint Galaxy SII Epic 4G touch and it scratched the glossy black sides of the phone.

2. The rear matte portion developed wear marks from sliding in and out of a microfiber lined pouch.

These flaws both pertain to the Epic 4G Touch version of this case. However unless they changed it dramatically they are items to be aware of.

6. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I got this bumper case in the mail today. Looks perfect on the iPhone 5 like Apple made it. https://www.cellairis.com/product/cellairis-polycarbonate-bumper-case-for-apple-iphone-5-clear-black

[​IMG]

7. eddiec312 macrumors 6502

eddiec312

Pixel Skin HD and Incipio Frequency are other two good cases that fit your criteria.

8. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

I don't want bumper just because I'm afraid I'll have the same experience like with iPhone 4S and Genuine Apple Bumper:

[​IMG]

Phone is ruined at this stage.

More suggestions?

9. pedgy macrumors newbie

10. xraytech macrumors 68020

11. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

"Big lip on the screen" - We have a nice sized bezel that is about a nickel's thickness between your screen and the evil that seeks to destroy it. Check.

"One color, matte finish" - Oh, we got matte for you. Paper is pretty matte.

"work with screen protectors" - You can definitely use a screeny on the front, our bezel even helps you get it on there straight. Not the back though, but you have a case on, so there you have it.

We can even do a sweet design on there for you. Here's pics of the front, with our new packaging that's also a stand. Neat, all the way 'round. :)

http://www.twigcase.com/blogs/news

Attached Files:

12. opnr2000 macrumors member

This happens if you remove the bumper and try to clean the phone and then put the bumper back on a lot. I put my bumper on as soon as i got my ip4 and only took it off a year later when the rubber part started to crack my antenna band was perfect. Bumpers are the way to go only if you keep it on the phone and don't allow dust to get in by taking it off.

13. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

My dad been with it about 1,5 years now. His metal band is allllllllll completely covered with them. And yes, genuine bumber without taking it off.
    I'm not buying bumper again.

Btw I'm in UK and I'm getting iPhone Wednesday, so international shipping is not for me.

14. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Incipio Dual Pro (I've got a black on black matte) or Dual Pro shine (black silicone stocking, with metallic hard back case).

I love mine!

15. M0esmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

That's too much on the front for me.

What about BELKIN Grip Sheer Case? It's fine with me to show off the back!

16. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

No worries, your OP made it seem like you were looking for a significant "lip" on the front of the screen.

17. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

18. Doc Evils macrumors regular

19. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

20. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Might as well buy a couple and see what you like. I was surprised by some and disappointed by others . . . Black cases look great on the black iPhone. While it does not fit your original description, I am pretty surprised how much I like the Photive Slim Fit case. Great fit and very nice feel. For more protection I have others, but for now the Photive is the one actually on the phone.

For more coverage I personally like the Incipio NGP. Looking at other reviews, perhaps they had some QC problems, but mine is nice. I like the fact they kept the sides flst and bezel chamfered in keeping with the lines of the phone.