Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
vniow said:
Mm, I just grabbed a few boxes of Mochi ice cream from Trader Joes earlier, its soft and squishy enough to not irritate me too much, plus it satisfies my chocolate addiction.

Mochi is good ****.

Mmmm, now you're making me want to come over, make out with your tongue-ringy goodness, and eat mochi!!!!! *pouts*

I am obsessed with those...I haven't had them in a long time, though. Chocolate mochi, you're telling me? Mmmm...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mkrishnan said:
I am obsessed with those...I haven't had them in a long time, though. Chocolate mochi, you're telling me? Mmmm...
Nah... green tea mochi or strawberry are the best. :p But real mochis are the best-- fresh and warm. Mm. Not this pre-packaged ice cream mochi business. Real mochis. :D

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
mkrishnan said:
Mmmm, now you're making me want to come over, make out with your tongue-ringy goodness, and eat mochi!!!!! *pouts*

Thanx but I don't think I'd be much fun for awhile, I have trouble eating a burrito much less another tongue for a few more days. :eek:

devilot said:
But real mochis are the best-- fresh and warm. Mm. Not this pre-packaged ice cream mochi business. Real mochis. :D

Okay, now I'm tempted. I've gotta explore the non-ice cream version now.

I like the Trader Joes stuff though, since its cold and squishy it feels good at the moment, brings the swelling down a bit too. Hmm, now I'm getting a bit hungry, of course its 12:30 at night right now so no ice cream for me for a bit...

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Off topic - but green tea mochi made with authentic green tea macha ( :p ), which is powdered green tea, has many health benefits. Macha is amazingly good for you. I try to drink at least 10 cups of macha a week. One cup of macha has the health benefits of about 20 cups of green tea. Now, I'm not too knowledgeable about mochi, but I do know that there are some brands made with macha. If you're gunna eat ice cream, I can't imagine any of it being better for you than authentic macha mochi ;).

e

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
vniow said:
Okay, now I'm tempted. I've gotta explore the non-ice cream version now.
When we meet up (;))... I'll be sure to pick some up from a bakery. No guarantee that they'll still be warm, though. :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
devilot said:
When we meet up (;))... I'll be sure to pick some up from a bakery. No guarantee that they'll still be warm, though. :p

God, I miss having a local bakery for things like that. Well, ahem, thankfully for my waist, I never had a terribly local bakery. But I had occasion to end up near one, once in a while. :eek: And now... *le sigh*

P.S. I miss lotus bean paste too.

Can we have a party, and can Devilot bring the sweets? :D

vniow

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
devilot said:
When we meet up (;))...

Is that a promise? ;)

I'll be sure to pick some up from a bakery. No guarantee that they'll still be warm, though. :p

There's got to be a bakery that sells the stuff close to you or me, would probably keep the heat if we picked it up locally but you know more about this than I do so I'll trust your opinion on where to get it at. ;)

-Ani

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
vniow said:
Is that a promise? ;)
:D You got it.
vniow said:
There's got to be a bakery that sells the stuff close to you or me, would probably keep the heat if we picked it up locally but you know more about this than I do so I'll trust your opinion on where to get it at. ;)
There is a really famous bakery in Chinatown. My family rarely goes up to SF. One day we did, and we got there just as they were closing-- but they had already sold out of their most famous item. :eek: They said that they often get a line that stretches the length of the block. Don't know if they make fresh mochis though.

The 'real' mochis are often filled w/ one of the following: a sweet black-ish sesame filling, sweet red bean paste, or as mkrishnan mentioned previously, the lotus bean paste.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Eat Jelly, you can even suck it up through a straw. Yes I tried that yesterday for no particular reason.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
devilot said:
Nah... green tea mochi or strawberry are the best. :p But real mochis are the best-- fresh and warm. Mm. Not this pre-packaged ice cream mochi business. Real mochis. :D

agreed. except i love the chocolate and the mango mochis the best. strawberry and green tea rate in very highly too though. YUM, i'd die for some of those right now.

(damn this crappy little city i live in)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.