ThermaPak

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by I'mAMac, Jun 7, 2010.

1. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

Just got this product today and just thought I'd let everyone know who is thinking about buying it that it doesn't make much difference in temp at all. I haven't even seen a decrease yet and I've been using it pretty heavily for a couple of hours and its been sitting around 80 C for the whole time. The only advantage I see is that if you want the laptop on your lap, the pad can make it more comfortable. I've only tested it on a desk where the heat can pretty easily dissipate. Maybe if I were using it on just my lap or the couch I would notice more temperature decrease. Anybody have any positive experience with this and a unibody MBP?

2. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

I wasn't impressed with it either but for a different reason...I ordered one from Amazon and it arrived with a small puncture mark which let some of the gel leak out! It went right back!!

3. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

The one thing that did encourage me was that if its sitting on my lap/blanket, anywhere where the heat has a hard time dissipating, the thermapak will probably help

4. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

I bought a radiator from a car for my macbook and constantly having coolant running through it while laptop is powered on, works great.

5. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

That's true. I just wasn't sure about the quality, so I ended up getting a standard cooling pad.

6. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

Wait... So did the tempurature increase at all when you were using it? Or was it stable at 80C the whole time?

7. I'mAMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

While using the pak instead of just my desk i actually noticed it go up about 1 degree celsius but this may have been due to other variables. It did stay there pretty steady though. At all times the temp was between 77-80 degrees with and without using it.