These Apps Pioneered and Shaped the iOS 7 Experience

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Swallsy, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Swallsy macrumors newbie

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Yahoo weather is the most obvious inspiration I see. Thanks for the awesome diagram!

3. fabytmHD macrumors regular

I wouldn't call Yahoo Weather an inspiration for iOS 7!If anything, I think Apple asked Yahoo for a new version of the already integrated Weather app that would be redesigned for iOS 7!

Because they weren't allowed (by Apple) to include the Flickr pictures in the stock app, they probably just decided to release their own tweaked version!

4. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

That chart has some facts wrong. It is called "iPhone App Pioneers" and then lists FlipBoard as being released in July 2010 when that was only for iPad.

And Words with Friends released in January 2012? No idea where they pulled that date from but it is not reality. Not sure I would even count that as "shaping" any iOS experience, let alone iOS 7. Weird.

Michael

5. paulisme macrumors 6502

6. fivedots macrumors 6502a

I really don't understand what the chart is trying to prove?

7. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you should add Temple Run, it made people remember they had a accelerometer in their phone and also Cinemagram, it started that whole short video trend, or popularized it.

8. Markyyy macrumors regular

9. DarkJaye macrumors member

Yahoo doesn't make the stock weather apps for iOS. They provide the data, but the apps are 100% made by Apple.

10. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Part of the functional design, not visual, that is not listed is Facebook login integration. In iOS7 it is much more seamless - that or I have never had an app that did it correctly until recently (I signed in and was not lead to the Facebook app - it was all done in the background).

11. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

ffwd player recently updated their icon.
    (I highly recommend this music player! Much better than track 8, another player I like.)