These are the reasons I blog about Apple Inc...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by anjinha, Nov 3, 2009.

1. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I thought it was nice to see a positive article instead of the usual complaining:

Article here.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Nice article, refreshing to read something nice for a change. I enjoy the mac community too.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

huh? theres too many "apple can do no wrong articles/posts" here as is

i want objective articles and sadly this isnt one

4. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Quit being a naysayer. This article doesn't touch on Apple as a corporation except to say that they make nice hardware - which they do. It may not always work, but when it does it's very nice.

The other thing is "Developers Developers Developers!", like Balmer likes to say. It seems like both sides can claim nice developers, and while I disagree about the application part - Windows has nice and free photoshop wannabe programs - it doesn't say "Apple can do no wrong", at worst it's just a biased opinion from someone who doesn't use Windows on a daily basis- or someone who did, but never bothered to try finding any alternative to Photoshop ;)

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

the apple can do no wrong reference was directed at how the op said theres too many complaint threads. my point was to say there are equally as many praise apple threads

to say the apps, hardware, developers and community are better is subjective...hence why i said its not objective lol

pros and cons to each

haha i see that ALL the time here

6. djellison macrumors 68020

I'd say it's no better than anyone else. It suffers, greatly, because of Steve Job's OCD of form over function. TWO frickin USB ports - that are too close together to be used simultaniously with anything other than just a USB cable. A display port adapter that costs >£60 and doesn't work. An LCD display on a £999 mac worse than a display on a £300 netbook. A power LED that spends its evenings flashing away "Look at me - I'm a mac - I'm getting brighter, now I'm getting dimmer again.....love me...please?" and the damn logo on the lid - I HATE it. If you've got bright sunshine, you can actually see it THROUGH your screen.

They may LOOK like. But I don't consider Mac's to be especially 'nice hardware'.

7. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

@dukebound85

I certainly don't think Apple can do no wrong, but I am in an Apple forum because I like their products and I do think sometimes there are way too many complaint threads, specially after any Apple announcement.

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

haha i agree there

apple never gets it right after an announcement lol

9. anjinha thread starter macrumors 604

anjinha

Exactly. Apple products are not perfect but sometimes it's nice to remember why we like them, instead of just focusing on what's wrong.