Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that three new games will be coming to Apple Arcade on April 4, including Puyo Puyo Puzzle Pop, Super Monsters Ate My Condo+, and Sago Mini Trips+. In addition, the existing Apple Arcade games Crossy Road Castle and Solitaire Stories will be available to play on Apple's Vision Pro headset starting April 25.

Apple-Arcade-April-2024.jpg

More details about these games are available in Apple's press release. All games on Apple Arcade are ad-free and do not offer in-app purchases.

Launched in November 2019, Apple Arcade is accessible through the App Store. The subscription-based service provides access to hundreds of games on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV, and Vision Pro, with new titles added periodically.

Crossy-Road-Castle-Vision-Pro-Apple-Arcade.jpeg
Crossy Road Castle will be available on Apple Vision Pro starting April 25

Apple Arcade received its first price increase in many countries last year. In the U.S., for example, pricing went from $4.99 per month to $6.99 per month.

Article Link: These New Games Are Coming to Apple Arcade Next Month

PlayUltimate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2016
Boulder, CO
Is there anyone actually using and paying for Apple arcade, without the Apple One bundle? Signing up for Game pass is a way better value than arcade.
Without Apple One? No. Since I don't use Apple Arcade and rarely use Apple Fitness, I keep trying to see if I can save $$ not using Apple One+ and I can't. :confused: Family uses Apple TV+, iCloud, News and Music. Economics means that we get the others as well. sigh.

dwaltwhit

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Tennessee
Adding the Sago games is actually a big help. They are great games for small children. Adding this to arcade that I already get through Apple premier is nice because Sago charges like $30 a year. I also play several arcade games like Sneaky Sasquatch, Spades+, Sudoku+, and a few others.

Armada2

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Oh my the ones in charge of choosing the games, need some re-training to spot what are great games to entice more customers to Apple Arcade.. as Netflix is launching Hades mid march..

DestructoTim

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2021
Is there anyone actually using and paying for Apple arcade, without the Apple One bundle? Signing up for Game pass is a way better value than arcade.
I do. The game selection does suck, but there is a handful of good stuff. I use it to play with my family. It lets your family play simultaneously for one monthly price. We have Switch and Steam as well, but on those platforms if we all want to play at the same time (even if it's different games), I have to buy 4 copies of the game. Sometimes we do that with cheap $5 games, but it becomes too expensive on most games, so we use Apple Arcade to play some stuff.

xDENTALPLANx

macrumors regular
May 22, 2018
New Zealand
Everyone is always incredibly negative about Apple Arcade, but I’ve enjoyed hundreds of hours of games on there. I am more than happy paying a small monthly fee to play them and not have to deal with pop-up ads and micro transactions ruining games, and not just for me but for my whole family.

It is significantly better value than Apple News +

Reactions: icwhatudidthere

JSDK

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2024
If you're the type who's been allowed to have a gamer room by your wife, and you've filled it with blue and green neon and LED lights, and you've got Super Mario, and Pikachu toy figures standing around, and your own fridge with energy drinks, then Arcade is not for you ;)

Arcade is light gaming, and perfect for social evenings where you can play either with friends or family, or if you just want to kill some time and don't want to play games that are full of advertisements and In-App purchases. I thought it did what it was supposed to.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to know about the new additions. Don't know how many will subscribe exclusively to Arcade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.